Answered

SiriusXM not on list of Music Services

• 23 September 2019
  • 8 replies

Newbie here, based in UK
Just installed a SonosAmp.
Cannot see SiriusXM in the list of available Music Services.
Does Sonos block visibility/access to Sirius if outside US I wonder?
If so how can I add Sirius to Music Services?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by controlav 25 September 2019, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

SiriusXM is only available in the USA (and its territories), and Canada.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/110?language=en_US
https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7146/~/can-i-get-siriusxm-streaming-service-outside-of-the-united-states%3F

edit: jgatie got there first!
Thanks
I should have explained that I already receive SiriusXM in the UK on my SiriusTTR1 radio, as I also have a US billing address.
So if I can receive SiriusXM on my radio, why can't I see SiriusXM in the list of Music Services?
Sonos isn’t responsible for geo-blocking, Sirius XM is. You may want to contact them directly. I don’t happen to know whether they’re doing a simple IP address check, which might be defeated by a VPN, or something more (or less) complex.
Sonos isn’t responsible for geo-blocking, Sirius XM is. You may want to contact them directly. I don’t happen to know whether they’re doing a simple IP address check, which might be defeated by a VPN, or something more (or less) complex.

Thats what I expected to hear (ie its Sirius that somehow blocks geo access to its streaming) although I can stream Sirius to my internet radio here in UK using my US Sirius account.
But although I can stream here, I can't see Sirius XM as a 'Music Service' on Sonos.
Can someone in US confirm if Sirius XM is an available 'Music Service' on Sonos?
SiriusXM is available as a Music Service on Sonos in the US.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Music service availability is keyed to the country your Sonos account is declared to be in, so if you change that to US then Sirius should show up. However, if Sirius do any geo-blocking based on IP address etc then you may not be able to playback anything.
Thanks for the tip controlav - I now have Sirius Music Service!