Skip to main content
Answered

SiriusXM channels unavailable/greyed out and not available

• 10 February 2024
  • 31 replies

Yesterday the Sonos iPhone app prompted me to reauthorize my SiriusXM account. I did and ever since then all of the SiriusXM channels are greyed out and unselectable to play. I tried deleting the service and readding. No luck. I tried the Sonos iPad app and I’m experiencing  the same issue. 

If I go into the SiriusXM app and connect to my Sonos via AirPlay, it will work, which is my workaround for the time being, but it’s extra steps and annoying. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have the play bar, two sonos ones and the sub. 

Thank you.

31 replies

Badge +3

Sure. I didn’t have a chance to speed-read all comments, but my intention was intended for @Drproc79 ‘s original post et al. I agree that it is up to Sonos and Sirius XM to work on solutions. It was certainly annoying when I could not get stations from my preferred platform for a while so I can relate. I am just saying, resorting to Alexa was a fast alternative for that Sirius test-period in our case.

My issue was SiriusXM stopped working in the Sonos App (favorites and recent played was grayed out).  I could not reauthorize (SiriusXM would reauthorize but Sonos noted couldn’t log in) and could not remove the SiriusXM account.  

Solution (worked with Sonos support) - in Sonos App. SiriusXM Service Setting, add a new account, added the same SiriusXM account that was not working (give it a different name).  It added successfully and then I was able to remove the previous not working account (just for cleanup).  

Thanks, but sonos won’t let me add siriusxm a second time.

Thanks, but sonos won’t let me add siriusxm a second time.

Sorry my notes were a bit cryptic.  Account (people head with circle in the top right), Content Services, SiriusXM, then add new account.  So not adding SiriusXM again, but adding an account within SiriusXM.  This is where I added the same SiriusXM account (different name) and it works. 

Hope that makes sense and works.

Hey Cruisinbound, are you talking about the phone app?  I have Sirius on my phone, I can’t get it on my Windows PC.  

Hey Cruisinbound, are you talking about the phone app?  I have Sirius on my phone, I can’t get it on my Windows PC.  

Good point. Yes iPhone app