Answered

Sirius XM The bridge not playing anymore

Why does it say it's no longer available? 

icon

Best answer by Shaps 27 May 2022, 14:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

I am also having this problem with the Bridge and the NFL channel

Been having same issue for a couple of days now….

Says Bridge no longer available on Sirius XM Canada

If other channels are working on SiriusXM, then the issue isn’t on the Sonos side of things, but on the SiriusXM server that is feeding your Sonos. You may want to reach out to the SiriusXM CS group, rather than Sonos’ , who has no control over the SiriusXM content. 

I appreciate that but my SiriusXM channel plays on all other devices except for Sonos. Will reach out to SiriusXM 

Hahahaha. Just heard from SiriusXM. It’s a Sonos issue. If anyone has a fix, please let me know. 

The issue seems to have resolved itself. However, channel 13 is now reporting the same thing, but I'm no fan of Pitbull so I don't really care! 

I connected Sirius, they REFRESHED my signal, Still an issue…...

Interesting. 

To my knowledge, all Sonos does is reach out to the SiriusXM server with instructions as to what you want to play, and then plays what SiriusXM sends back. Sonos wouldn’t be able to recognize one station versus any other station.  

I’m relatively certain that SiriusXM uses a different server for Sonos than other streams, like their own app, or web presence. 

I’ll watch this thread for updates. 

Interesting. 

To my knowledge, all Sonos does is reach out to the SiriusXM server with instructions as to what you want to play, and then plays what SiriusXM sends back. Sonos wouldn’t be able to recognize one station versus any other station.  

I’m relatively certain that SiriusXM uses a different server for Sonos than other streams, like their own app, or web presence. 

I’ll watch this thread for updates. 

Agreed, it’s not terribly surprising if SiriusXM, or an music service, customer support is not that well versed on how there service connects with Sonos.  It probably represents a rather small amount of support calls they receive, and they can very easily run some tool to say the channel is operating as expected and just blame it on Sonos. 

I’d expect that those SiriusXM CS folks don’t really think about the fact that Sonos connects to a different server, so when they check, they look at only their own server, which may be working fine, and not understand/comprehend there’s a slight difference due to the requesting device/app.

I have the same issue…

Don t know what corrected the issue, but Channel 17 The Bridge is now working via Sonos.

Awesome!

I connected Sirius, they REFRESHED my signal, Still an issue…...

That's actually funny. Sonos makes an API call, the operator is still living  in the world of satellites and the need to refresh the signal to the radioID. 

Same problem here except it’s ‘Channel 47 - SiriusXM FLY’ that doesn’t work for me. 

But this message is different, no longer available on SIRIUSXM CANADA, maybe removed from Canada streaming??

Your best bet would be to contact SiriusXM.