Skip to main content
Question

searching when you have multiple zones

• 3 June 2024
  • 6 replies

I am probably being stupid but how do I search for music to play when I am in one of my rooms. I want music to play in the bedroom but it may play in the kitchen so I have to go further into the system to get the bedroom playing and cancel the kitchen. There doesn't seem to be a way to ask just the bedroom speaker to play when searching. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

On the Home Screen, touch the top left (name of your system). It brings up all available rooms/speakers. 

Touch the room you want to play in. This then becomes the room/speaker at the bottom of the screen.

Search for what you want to play. It will then play on that room/speaker. 

Thanks Rhonny- I was being a bit thick! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Not really. It’s symptomatic of the new app that doing the simple things can be quite tricky to navigate now...

On the Home Screen, touch the top left (name of your system). It brings up all available rooms/speakers. 

Touch the room you want to play in. This then becomes the room/speaker at the bottom of the screen.

You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen where the player controls are, it will open the same menu as touching the top left. Useful if you have navigated away from the home screen and want to change the room without going back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen where the player controls are, it will open the same menu as touching the top left. Useful if you have navigated away from the home screen and want to change the room without going back.

True. And useful. But the reason I didn’t suggest that route was that if you tap it instead of swiping up, it brings up the Now Playing screen, which can be confusing so I was going for path of most simplicity! :)

Yeah I’m just jumping in mentioning it cause I didn’t notice it at first, figured there might be other slow on the uptake folks like me out there🤣