Answered

RTE 1 and RTE Lyric not available

Badge
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 4 replies

This problem (for me at least) is specific to radio stations accessed via the Tunein and Sonos Radio services on Sonos. RTE is available on the Tunein app and through a Google device.

is this just me?

icon

Best answer by Enda Corneille 5 April 2023, 14:55

View original

21 replies

I have the same problem. No problem getting other Irish radio channels and what’s on offer on Tunein. 

But no joy with any of the RTÉ channels. And not for the first time. I’m guessing someone in the RTÉ team has taken their eye off the ball - or not performed updates. 

Badge

It is a recurring problem. The fact that i can get it through Tunein on a Google device points a bit more to Sonos, but who knows.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’ve had the same problem for about a week.  It was working fine until then, but now I can’t get RTE Radio 1 via TuneIn.  It works fine in the TuneIn app.

Having the same problem.

Yep, same here !

And me and made worse by the fact that there’s now a clock radio in the kitchen 😀

I cannot get rte 1 radio to work either. 

Such a pain in the a##

I am having the same issue. Cannot play RTE Radio stations on my Sonos speakers via Sonos Radio or TuneIn. Stations are available via the TuneIn app directly.  We have had to purchase a standalone radio for our kitchen and I am losing the argument with my wife noe regarding keeping Sonos.

I don’t really care whose problem it is  - Sonos, TunIn or RTE.  it needs sorting pronto

The problem appears to be TuneIn radio on Sonos. If you enable "Radioplayer" app instead all RTE stations appear to work. I saw on Twitter that RTE support equally frustrated on this one. Hope that works

Add Radioplayer as a service and then find each of the RTE stations in their A-Z. Then add to My Sonos. (Helpfully they have different RTE logos/tiles than those from TuneIn so you can distinguish which is which)

all the RTE stations now work perfectly through Sonos

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fdotr et al

I’d encourage you all to please contact our technical support team regarding this matter.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I tried talking to the ChatBot but couldn’t make myself understood.  Will try phoning during their working hours tomorrow. 

Badge

Suggestion from Enda above solved the problem -thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The suggestion from Enda to access the RTE stations via Radioplayer instead of TuneIn worked for me yesterday.   But it is not working today.    And when I try to browse Radioplayer, I get a message “unable to browse music”. 

Yes, the answer is to select RTÉ using another radio service when using SONOS. I received a helpful email from RTÉ with this suggestion. From Jake:

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting in touch with RTÉ Radio Player.

We'll investigate this. Just while we're doing so, can you utilise another app/directory on the Sonos?

RTÉ radio should also be available through MyTuner on Sonos speakers. They should be available in Sonos' Services and Voice "store" (available through settings in the Sonos App).

Best wishes,
Jake

Same problem. Did anyone manage to find a fix for this that works with Google Assistant?

Yes. Enda’s solution - adding Radioplayer- worked for me. 
but I’d still like to understand what happened and who is responsible  .  Had same problem a couple of years ago 

generally Sonos is pretty reliable. 

FYI 

This has gone again even to the extent that radio player you can't browse anything, stating an issue with your location.

to cut a long story short I've been able to get Radio 1 through my tuner radio service instead

hope this helps

i am having trouble suddenly (today) receiving RTE Lyric on my TuneIn Sonos system. In fact, no matter what i try, - even Sonos Radio  - i cannot receive Lyric.

Have they changed the streaming URL? 

if so what is the new one?

help, please

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ellenh 

When I search for RTE Lyric, I get no results from TuneIn, which also means I get no results from Sonos Radio either (our list is pulled from TuneIn). I did get search results from the myTuner service, however - I recommend you add this service to your Sonos system (no account is needed) to listen to RTE Lyric on your Sonos system again.

Settings » Services & Voice » Add a service » myTuner

I hope this helps.

thank you.

i’ve sorted the problem by usiing a different Streaming URL. Information to be found at: https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/info/2021/0101/1232947-rte-radio-help-support-faq/#:~:text=RTE.ie%2Fradio%20and%20RTÉ,a%20selection%20of%20original%20podcasts

Be sure to scroll down.