Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

Did the update last night and ever since, my Boost sporadically shows as ‘updating’ on the app, with a blue dot next to it. It does sometimes show as normal but then reverts to this ‘updating’ status. It isn’t updating though and everything seems to be working fine. 

So looks like just a glitch and I have noticed folks on Reddit also commented the same.

Anyone else got this little issue?

Corry P 1 year ago

Hi Everyone!

The current issue with Boosts reporting that they are still updating long after they have finished doing so appears to be due to the Boost failing to report its current status back to the Sonos App.

To be clear, the Boosts have successfully updated, but have failed to report their status back to the controller and therefore the in app “updating” message is erroneous and can be ignored.

If you log out of the app, the Boost should no longer erroneously show as updating in app. You can control playback of your Sonos system without logging into the app, so if the message is bothering you you can sign out of the app, but note that while logged-out, you will be unable to configure the system. If any speakers/players show as updating, we recommend rebooting these devices.

If you require any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our technical support team.

We would like to sincerely thank you all here on this thread for your assistance in our investigations.

If you’ve just come across this thread, we no longer need further diagnostics or reports. Thank you

We will of course aim to resolve this in a future update.

View original

247 replies

Userlevel 1

Same problem here after updating to 15.1

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Does not seem to affect the sound etc but still a bit irritating isn’t it.

Userlevel 1

Yes - Sonos should comment. My worry is that there is no Boost update anymore, but not sure …

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a similar problem. My issues is with my Sonos Boost. Show’s it updating with a blue dot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have a similar problem. My issues is with my Sonos Boost. Show’s it updating with a blue dot.

Yeah that is how mine is behaving. Comes and goes mind you, so sometimes I open the App and it’s all ok, but then another time it is back to doing that again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN, @Blaubaer82275 & @jamrod 

Thanks for flagging this issue. So we can investigate, could I please ask you all to submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the numbers given? Thanks.

Userlevel 2

Same Problem here

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Diagnostic = 1832090715

Userlevel 1

Diagnostics = 173568346

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN & @Blaubaer82275 

Appreciated - thank you! I’ve passed the diagnostics on to one of our engineers to examine.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Diagnostic = 775509905

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thank you to you too, @jamrod!

Same here, Diagnostic 1071627942

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Everyone,

Could you please try signing out of the Sonos app, then signing back in again?

Please let me know if this improves the situation any, or not. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

No change after signing out then signing in on Sonos app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Looks to be the same after doing that but just re-starting my phone to check that also now

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yeah no change but like I say, this comes and goes so the blue dot thingy can be there one minute and gone the next which is odd. The Boost itself however shows the normal white light and speakers show as WM: 0 as they should

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN & @jamrod 

Thanks for trying that. If you don’t mind, please try the following:

1. Sign out
  2. Force Close the app
  3. Reboot the Boost
  4. Open the app
  5. Sign in

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks for that info, @SarahN!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @SarahN & @jamrod 

Thanks for trying that. If you don’t mind, please try the following:

1. Sign out
  2. Force Close the app
  3. Reboot the Boost
  4. Open the app
  5. Sign in

Thanks again!

What do you mean by ‘force close the app’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN 

On Android, that would involve pressing the Task Switcher button (next to Home), then swiping the app up and off the screen.

I’ve never had an iPhone (and it’s been a while since I used one), but I believe the swiping up part is the same, after double-pressing the Home button (maybe a long press rather than a double press).

If in doubt, a reboot of the smartphone would more than suffice.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am having the same issue but worse as it happens consistently. The blue dot and the words Updating appears randomly on different speakers on the device I used to run the update.

When this happens I cannot connect to any of the speakers or play anything.

I have tried signing out, force closing the app and even removing and reinstalling but the problem persists.

@Sonos, why don’t you guys QA your releases properly instead of always frustrating us!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SarahN Iam afraid those steps did not resolve issues with the Sonos Boost.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Corry. Forgot to mention I’m using and iPhone with iOS 16. Apart from force closing, signing out and in again, reinstalling I also tried rebooting my phone. Nothing has helped. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

A minute ago it was all good then now again…