Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post

247 replies

There is an app update - 15.1.1, that I've just updated on my phone. Speakers don't have an update so let's see if this makes a difference 🙂

No 15.1.1 update for iPhone in Australia. 😬😬

I don’t see one on the iOS store in the US, either. Wonder if maybe it’s just a firmware update that you process through the controller only if you have a BOOST installed, which I don’t (and I also have auto-updates enabled). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I don’t see one on the iOS store in the US, either. Wonder if maybe it’s just a firmware update that you process through the controller only if you have a BOOST installed, which I don’t (and I also have auto-updates enabled). 

I found the update directly in the Google play store as I'm on android. Sonos app showed it had updated to 15.1.1 after I downloaded it along with a couple of other app updates, but speakers still at 15.1 with no further update 

Badge

So, at least for me, the blue dot and “updating” message is now sporadic. Sometimes it's there when I open the app. Sometimes, if I force close the app (iOS) and reopen, its gone. Sometimes it even goes away if I navigate to a different screen, such as checking for an update.

Other than that, I have had no issues using my system. I never did log out and back in. I did, once, manually reboot the boost.

Very odd...

I have also been having the issue with my Boost constantly updating but this evening things just took a turn for the worse and my system refused to connect. I tried to play some music through Bluetooth to my Roam, which it managed, but when I tried to connect the Roam to my other speakers the sound stopped. The track, on Spotify, was still playing. (This is my clunky fix for double scrobbles on last.fm)

I have gone through the system reset three times, each time it looks for and cannot find any of my products including the less than a week old Beam. I have reset my router three times. On one occasion it found and reconnected my products but by the time I had searched for some music it had already lost everything again. After yet another reset I managed to get a track to play but was then unable to change volume or change the track.

I don’t know whether it is linked but the app is also ridiculously slow. I just changed to a different album and sat and watched as the cover picture slowly updated, track by track.

Diagnostic 505820873

@jasmic

Note that a Sonos Roam does not (ever) use the Sonos Boost, as all portable Sonos products do not use SonosNet and so the Roam will only connect to your local routers WiFi signal. I would ensure that your mobile controller device and your Roam are both connected to the same AP, and for good measure, ensure both are connected to the same WiFi band and see if that works for you.

I appreciate you have other issues with the rest of your system, but maybe focus on this to begin with. 

If the Boost is (temporarily) not working, then you could wire a standalone Sonos speaker instead (not a surround or Sub) and see if that gets all back up and running … (note you ‘may’ have to power-cycle your players after you wire another device) … then you could go onto add your WiFi credentials to your speakers aswell, which in turn will allow them to use your routers WiFi signal if you ever have occasion to remove your wired Sonos product.

The latter section of this support page provides the instructions on how to switch/add a wireless network to each of your Sonos devices…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/switch-sonos-between-a-wireless-and-wired-setup

Badge

I’ve come late to the party. Tried logging out and quitting apps on all computers and unplugging/replugging boost. No difference with the blue dot on boost. 

Badge

Just adding another household impacted by the blue dot on the boost. Logged out, reset the boost, no change.  Been like this for a good couple of weeks  

Badge +1

Badge

15.1.1 installed and still blue dot on Boost. 

Perhaps the 15.1.1 didn't target that anyway...

Are you an Android user? Where are you located? Here in the US, there has not been a 15.1.1 for either iOS or for the Mac. 

Badge

I'm in UK and on android. Just got a mini sub today and noticed the update. Update 15.1.1 allows me to Trutune on my 4 year old mobile, so not all bad!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Here in the US, there has not been a 15.1.1 for either iOS or for the Mac. 

Neither in NL, still on 15.1.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I am in uk and still 15.1 on ios 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

15.1.1 was released a day or so back yes.

What do you mean by Trutune @B33Jay ?

Badge

Sorry - my mistake. Trueplay I should have written which has just appeared on my android. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sorry - my mistake. Trueplay I should have written which has just appeared on my android. 

Really? Where is it?  I would expect the addition of True play on Android to be a much ‘bigger’ thing..

I understand the Trueplay feature only appears in the Android controller after the Trueplay tuning has been done with an iOS controller device. I presume that’s to allow the user to toggle it off/on again - so that’s perhaps what @Beejay is referring to🤔?

Badge

That must be it then. I had my ipad to hand and used that to set up mini sub and got an update notice immediately, when I used my android later noticed the Truplay was there, assumed it was the update. Didn't know about the iOS triggering it. Thanks. 

Badge

Two boost units here stuck in “updating” status 

Badge

Diagnostics - 1019661782

I'm affected as well. 

Diag code: 308095492

I’m affected as well. 

Diag #1512834507

I can’t believe that this major bug has gone unsolved for 10 days now. 

Come on Sonos!!!

Joe

Same issue - Diag: 2070820602

This Boost problem already takes weeks now! Shame on you Sonos.