Answered

Random favourites added and can't be removed

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I've just noticed loads of radio stations have been added to my homepage. I can't delete them as they're greyed out 

I also have a new section on my homepage called 'Kat Shoob'. No idea who/what that is. If I delete it it just keeps coming back.

What's going on?

icon

Best answer by dave77 20 June 2024, 15:05

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Change your password on your Sonos account. Possible hack… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Change your password on your Sonos account. Possible hack… 

Good advice! Go to https://www.sonos.com/en-us/myaccount/user/profile and click the “Reset password” link.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I’ve done that but I doubt anyone has guessed my password.

Ironic if it was the issue as I raised the issue of how bad their security is 🤣

The fact that I can’t even remove these favourites suggests some sort of bug in the app.

Also, if you change your password you should logout every existing login using that account, we should have a page that shows who is logged in too, similar to plex etc

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I’ve just logged in to the web app and do not get all these extra random favourites, so that would suggest a bug in the Android app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Corry P , has anything like this been reported by anyone else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dave77 

Not that I am aware of - to be honest, it’s pretty weird!

The greyed-out favourites could be explained by a missing service, but that doesn’t explain why they showed up in the first place.

The collection looks like a service sub-container that’s been added to your home screen - it certainly should not happen by itself.

If resetting the app (User Icon » App Preferences » Reset app » Reset, reopen app, Join existing system, Sign In) doesn’t resolve the issue, I can only recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I tried the reset but it still does it, prior to login too so maybe not user account related. I also use Hubitat which has a new Sonos app with a GetFavourites method that uses the API, the random favourites do not appear in there.

The ‘Kat Shoob’ thing is weird though, it just won’t delete!

I contacted chat support yesterday but they were baffled and said to call up. The wait time was over an hour though so gave up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dave77 

I understand - hopefully the waiting times will come down soon.

I don’t suppose you are able to delete these items from the Web App?

If not, do you have access to another phone/tablet, or to a computer? If so, please download the Sonos app to that device and see if a) these items appear and b) if you can remove them or not.

Does anyone you know have a Sonos app installed that might have been linked to your Sonos system at some point? Specifically, one that was logged-in under your account? If so, it may help to ask them about what you see.

Also, as resetting the app did not help, please try uninstalling the app, restarting the device it was installed on, then re-installing the app.

I hope something here helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Those favourites and the ‘Kat Shoob’ collection don’t appear in the web app, only the Android app. I’ve also tried on my Samsung tablet and they do appear there too. I’ve also tried uninstalling the app

Nobody else but me has used the new app yet, the rest of the family use Alexa mainly.

This is my station favourite list from the web app, all fine

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dave77 

Honestly, I’m not sure what else to suggest. A reset of all your devices is sure to resolve it, but that is overkill in my opinion - you’d be chucking the baby (your wanted favourites, playlists) out with the bathwater!

My best advice at present is to wait a while for the lines to quieten down, then try calling in again - refer the agent you speak to to this thread and you should get bumped up to a tier 2 agent fairly quickly.

I suspect that if you were to install whichever service all those greyed-out items are pointing to, you would then be able to remove the items themselves. I can’t say for sure which service it might be, but as it lists radio stations, it’s likely to be TuneIn, myTuner, Radioplayer or iHeart Radio. If memory serves, myTuner and Radioplayer can be used without having an account, and TuneIn is free. iHeart I’m not sure about as it is not available in Europe.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I have used TuneIn in the past but it was the old version which isn’t available anymore. I’ve tried the new TuneIn app but that wouldn’t allow me to remove them.

These favourites have only started appearing recently though, I stopped using TuneIn many months ago. And the ‘Kat Shoob’ “Pinned Collection” is a new feature as far as i’m aware.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dave77 

Well, thanks for trying those steps anyway. I have no explanation for the Kat Shoob nonsense, but pinned collections are new, yes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Fixed it! 😁

I uninstalled the app then installed the old app via an apk. The old app allowed me to delete everything. ‘Kat Shoob’ was there as a Show, still no idea where that came from!

It also let me delete ‘Your heavy rotation’ from the homepage, the new app doesn’t let me delete it, it just keeps coming back and is always empty

Can delete with old app

old app
old app
old app
old app

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dave77 

Fantastic! Thanks for updating the thread.

The question now is, are they deleted from the new app as well? I hope so!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Yeah they’re all gone now on the new app.

One thing I did notice when going back to the old app was that I had this on ‘My Sonos’

‘My Sonos’ on the old app

I don’t get that on the new app as a ‘Pinned Collection’ and I don’t seem to have the ability to add a ‘Pinned Collection’ from anywhere. Is that feature not available yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dave77 

You can add a pinned collection by tapping the 3 dot menu button in the top-right of a page that can be pinned:

I don’t have Spotify installed, but I’ve verified with a colleague that Pinned Collections work with Spotify too.

Pinned Collections were not present in the old app, so I suspect what you see there is just a favourite marking an artist, maybe? I can’t go back to the old app to check.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, I can see some things I can pin but I can’t pin an artist in Spotify to replicate the above. I’ll live with it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dave77 

My colleague is also unable to pin a single artist from Spotify on the Home Screen. I don’t know if this is intentional or not, but I am also unable to do so with YouTube Music, so my guess is that it is intentional. You can save an Artist to your favourites, still, using the 3-dot menu.

What you see in my screenshots above is not an Artist that’s been pinned - it’s the Home section of YouTube.

I hope this helps.