Skip to main content

Qobuz problem

• 11 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Qobuz had been working fine with Sonos until several months ago. Now Sonos invariably skips through Qobuz tracks until it loads one. And then will skip again.  I don't have this problem with any other streaming services on Sonos. I also have no problem using Qoboz on my phone.  I spent hours on the phone with Sonos support and they haven't been able to help. They keep just wanting to troubleshoot more and more.  Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

That seems unusual. It suggests that for some reason, your Sonos speaker(s) are having trouble reaching the Qobuz server, which is a different one than you connect to on your phone. 

Since this is only with Qobuz, and no other streams, I’d try a reboot of your router, followed by a reboot of your Sonos. That should get any new DNS data published to the speakers properly. 

You didn’t mention it, but perchance is this hi-res data? That would potentially be impacted by wifi interference , since it uses more data than a standard stream. Might be worth reading through that FAQ, and applying what may be potentially impacting your system. Certainly, none of the things there will hurt your LAN, be it wired Ethernet or WiFi based. 

Thank you, I had tried rebooting before and it didn't seem to help. I'll look at that link you sent, thank you. Many of the Qobuz files are higher resolution than, say Spotify, but not all of them, and the problem seems to occur with Qobuz generally, regardless of the size of the files. Spotify doesn't seem to have any problem at all.