Skip to main content

Problems setting up on new sonos app

• 11 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Since the latest (May 2024) upgrade to the Sonos App my system has stopped working.

System consists of:

Sonos Boost

Sonos 1 x 1

Sonos 3 x 2

The app has so far spotted the Boost but then failed to add it, stating only:

We couldn’t find any Sonos products on your mobile device’s network so we can’t set up you pBoost].

I’ve had the same result trying to set up the two Play 3’s.

Bizarrely, the Play 1 has been set up with no problem. But without the boost or the play 3’s I don’t have a network worth a light.

All products have been factory reset and were each individually connected to the router via ethernet during attempts to set up. Mobile device was on the same Wi-Fi network (2.4Ghz) as the boost (am assuming still that Sonos does not support 5 or 6 ghz).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Frank

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I have the same problem with a Play 5 Gen 2 and a Play 1. Did you manager to revolve your issue? If so how? 

Since the latest (May 2024) upgrade to the Sonos App my system has stopped working.

System consists of:

Sonos Boost

Sonos 1 x 1

Sonos 3 x 2

The app has so far spotted the Boost but then failed to add it, stating only:

We couldn’t find any Sonos products on your mobile device’s network so we can’t set up you [Boost].

I’ve had the same result trying to set up the two Play 3’s.

Bizarrely, the Play 1 has been set up with no problem. But without the boost or the play 3’s I don’t have a network worth a light.

All products have been factory reset and were each individually connected to the router via ethernet during attempts to set up. Mobile device was on the same Wi-Fi network (2.4Ghz) as the boost (am assuming still that Sonos does not support 5 or 6 ghz).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Frank

Same expirience. On my mobile phone I kept the former version, witch is still working with my set. 

Userlevel 1

No, haven't had any joy getting things back up and running. I spent hours yesterday banging my head against the wall so I've taken a day off before having another crack at it. Although I'm entirely unsure what else I can attempt to be honest.

Userlevel 1

Just to confirm that, after several days, the final outcome is that I’ve managed to roll back to the earlier app. This has restored connection to, and with the Boost, both of the Play 3’s and network connection to my NAS where all the music is stored. But it has effectively bricked my Play 1 which can no longer be added to the network without being forced to update the app again. Which I’m obviously not going to do until / unless they offer lasting fixes and support. It’s a pretty poor show all round as the solutions had to come from the user community (i.e. ourselves) with no help, whatsoever, from Sonos themselves.

If I had the money I would ditch Sonos for this and take a look at other solutions. Very disappointed. I spent years working in software development so I do know, very well, the challenges that can be faced. But to release, without warning, this very poor upgrade is simply astonishing.

How did you roll back please

How can I get my old app back

Userlevel 1

I picked up this advice on another thread and it worked, for me. Note, though, that this may only work for ANDROID devices, not IOS. For IOS I’ve heard that there is a £1.99 app called SONOSPHONE that might solve the issue there (but I have not tried this).

Here’s the steps for android:

re-install procedure :
-First remove Sonos App v 80.xx
-Download apk file ; link : https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/sonos-16-1-2-android-apk-download/
-Make sure you have Astro File manager for Andriod (or download the App from the play Store).
-Close all internet comm. (Wifi & mob.data)
-Open Astro File manager and execute the downloaded .apk file → Give Astro the nesessary permissions → Sonos v 16.1 App will be installed again (brown/gold SONOS icon) !
-Disable in het settings menu of the Play Store - Network preferences → choose ‘Do NOT update Apps automatic’.
-Open internet comm. (switch Wifi ON)
-Open Sonos App v16.1 → gog te Settings - System - Systemupdates : turn it OFF.

Thanks so much for this. Having wasted 2 hours trying to reinstate my system, your solution has worked fine.

I really cannot understand why they did not simply call it S3 after the outcry when they tried with the S2 app to get everyone with S1 gear to trade up. No respect for the customer. 

CEO should resign and we should vote with our feet!