Plex - Unable to browse music

• 31 December 2022
  • 28 replies

Badge

So I have this issue, I believe since Sonos version 14.20.1, that I'm unable to 'browse' my Plex content via the Sonos iOS app and Sonos Controller for PC.

I can search content and play via the Sonos iOS app and Sonos Controller for PC, but unable to browse the content. I also restored my Plex music server to a previous version so I'm really sure it's related to the latest version of Sonos 14.20.1

Do you members also experiencing this issue?

Sonos 14.20.1
Plex 1.30.0.6486

28 replies

Badge

@MixerV
Just for clarity…I searched for ‘Genesis’ in my library on the Artist tab and scrolled down to the ‘Genesis’ entry underneath the Plex MSP  heading …and then browsed through to their albums and tracks etc.

In Search Tab > Artists, I search for an artist. It finds the articst and indcates the # of albums. I tap on it, and it says “unable to browse music”

However, if I go to Search Tab> Album, it lists the albums, and then I can go in and play it.

Similarly, When I’m in the “Browse” tab, I see all the integrated sources (e.g. sonos radio, amazon music, pandora, plex). 

When I tap on plex. I also get the “unable to browse music”

@MixerV
Just for clarity…I searched for ‘Genesis’ in my library on the Artist tab and scrolled down to the ‘Genesis’ entry underneath the Plex MSP  heading …and then browsed through to their albums and tracks etc.

In Search Tab > Artists, I search for an artist. It finds the articst and indcates the # of albums. I tap on it, and it says “unable to browse music”

However, if I go to Search Tab> Album, it lists the albums, and then I can go in and play it.

Similarly, When I’m in the “Browse” tab, I see all the integrated sources (e.g. sonos radio, amazon music, pandora, plex). 

When I tap on plex. I also get the “unable to browse music”

Have you had Plex working previously within the Sonos App with the current setup? The only thing I can think of is that ‘Nat Loopback’ is not working on the router, as I understand that Sonos/Plex use this to get access to the Plex server files - but not sure how you might resolve it?

In some cases I’ve seen users say they needed to enable both UPnP auto-port-forwarding, aswell as manually forwarding their 34200 TCP port, but I seem to recall that was more about remote access, but it maybe required in this instance too.

I personally have/use a (lifetime) Plex pass too in my own case, as I use Plex when travelling, but I had Sonos working prior to that, on a monthly Plex pass, but I’m not sure if a Plex pass is still even needed these days for use with Sonos. Its been a while since I setup and started using Plex, but it is working okay here - FWIW I note aswell, that there has been a Plex server update in the last day or two so see if that may assists too.

Badge

Thanks @Ken_Griffiths 

ill give manual porting a shot! I’ve recently had to download music I purchased from Amazon, given changed to the Prime. 

I use Eero as my router and saw something about that potentially being an issue. Was hoping for a workaround…