Skip to main content

Please include a shortcut for Alarms on the App’s home screen!

Hi @rymdgreven, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I can see why we don’t have a shortcut to the alarm section as it’s not something you need to adjust often (or at least something I don’t personally adjust often). However, I’ll forward this to our team as a feature request; I can see this in the way of having a more customizable home screen which isn’t always a good thing in my eyes.

Thank you for the request and if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please let us know here on the community!

OK, thanks Jamie! I adjust it every other day, and really, seeing hundreds if not thousands of comments everywhere when the alarm function disappeared for a while with the famous update, I understand that I am not alone 😀.

When the new app was launched it was marketed with (among other things) “customizable Home Screen”, “add shortcuts to often used features” and I immediately went HURRAY, but sadly, it was only for functions that I could not decide for myself.

Thanks!

Thank you for the request and if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please let us know here on the community!

1. Long press on a setting eg Settings » Manage » Alarms, then an option to add to Sonos Favourites
  2. and/or click three dots next to a setting, eg alarms, add to Sonos Favourites
  3. and/or ability to search settings from home page rather than just music services, eg search ‘alarm’ will show a section ‘settings’, with the alarm menu for selection.

Could be useful some some other often used settings, eg EQ, Sub Level, etc, possibly even the ‘Check for Updates’ 😀

Please don’t take up home screen real estate with an alarm button… There are more useful buttons than that.

Or if it’s in contention, at least make it optional…

Isn't that what I suggest above?

Isn't that what I suggest above?

Yes, was going to @ you but forgot…!

Of course it should be optional. That’s what this is about, really. That users will always find other uses for / ways of using an app, than the engineer thought of.  Problem is when you can’t do anything about it, and customize after your own needs. But who knows, maybe Jamie actually passes this along. But no one will FORCE that customized shortcut on those who don’t want it. 

OK, thanks Jamie! I adjust it every other day, and really, seeing hundreds if not thousands of comments everywhere when the alarm function disappeared for a while with the famous update, I understand that I am not alone 😀.

I’m definitely a ‘set and forget’ kind of alarm person though I understand not everyone does the same.

Could be useful some some other often used settings, eg EQ, Sub Level, etc, possibly even the ‘Check for Updates’ 😀

Of course it should be optional. That’s what this is about, really. That users will always find other uses for / ways of using an app, than the engineer thought of.  Problem is when you can’t do anything about it, and customize after your own needs. But who knows, maybe Jamie actually passes this along. But no one will FORCE that customized shortcut on those who don’t want it. 

I’m all for more customization myself and if it’s user choice to have or not then I wouldn’t see why not to have it. Though I don’t it happening anytime soon, at least not until the app reaches parity with the features of the previous version, but I’m not an app developer so take my words with a grain of salt.

I do like @craigski suggestion for how to implement it. I’ve also tagged this thread as being a feature request, as well as passing it along to the team as I mentioned in my previous post.