Answered

Planet Radio

• 14 December 2023
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 25 replies

I usually listen to Scala Radio, which is available through Planet Radio. This morning when I opened the Sonos app it opened onto the Settings page (I haven’t been on that page for ages) When I went back to my home page and tried to play Scala I got a message saying that Planet Radio was not available in my country. I tried going back to settings took out Planet Radio to see if reinstalling it would help but when I search for it it’s no longer there. Anyone else having this problem or know of a solution please?

I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT PLANET RADIO HAVE CHANGED THEIR NAME TO RAYO. THIS CAN BE ADDED AND ALL IS WELL AGAIN (Would have been handy for Planet Radio to let us know that this was happening!)

icon

Best answer by alip43 14 December 2023, 08:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

I’m having the same issue, says Planet Radio isn’t available in my country (UK) so won’t play radio stations so now get woken up by the Sonos chimes. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I’m having the same issue, says Planet Radio isn’t available in my country (UK) so won’t play radio stations so now get woken up by the Sonos chimes. 

Hi - see my amendment in original post 👍🏻

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same issue here too.  It does play ok using the TuneIn service on Sonos though...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the Rayo info though, I’ll have a look for it here…

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Completely agree that Planet Radio could have let us know about the change.  It’s a pain as any stations added as Favourites now need removing and re-adding using the new/renamed service.  Thanks Planet!

Thanks for sorting this Alip43 

i wondered what the heck was going on especially as I was abroad yesterday so getting a message saying I couldn’t use it in “your country “ really threw me. 
i recommend greatest hits premium cuts out all the adverts 

Thanks alip43. now connected as Rayo and working ok

Had same issue last couple of days but I don’t have Rayo in my list either!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is it not available to add as a new Service?  Go to Settings - Services & Voice, then + Add a Service.  It should be listed there.  You can also remove the old Planet one now , I suppose...

Is it not available to add as a new Service?  Go to Settings - Services & Voice, then + Add a Service.  It should be listed there.  You can also remove the old Planet one now , I suppose...

Nope. Don't have it

Userlevel 2

Absolutely agree - It would have been nice (and professional) for Planet Radio to announce the change properly

I have it in list to add, but then says no network available when it try’s to add it (network has no problems at all….) only way I can play is by airplaying to speaker from ghr app.

Try a reboot of your router, followed by the Sonos speaker(s), and see if it works then. If not, call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Badge

Same problem here. Usually listen to Absolute Radio Premium Channels through Sonos but no longer there!

Have added Rayo but despite rebooting etc message says ‘not available in your country’.

However have been able to play Absolute through their App and clicking on Airplay button shows Sonos speaker (when switched on) which you then select. Details are then shown in Sonos controller when returning there including playing on multiple speakers!

Bit of a convoluted solution but works absolutely fine….

MH

Badge +20

I posted this in another thread…

In your online Sonos account, change your location to elsewhere, save and then back to the UK

Now using the Sonos app check for updates, this forces the services list to update.

Badge

In your online Sonos account, change your location to elsewhere, save and then back to the UK

Now using the Sonos app check for updates, this forces the services list to update.

Thanks Belly M

Followed your guidance and now working perfectly.

Not sure why Planet Radio couldn’t have sent a notification to account holders to advise users.

MH

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I notice Rayo/Planet was all messed up again and not playing again today.  Had to remove and re-add again today (including all favourite shortcuts again!)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for this.  I tried but where I was it seemed to need a full, correct & valid address (and phone number!) before the change would save.  Presumably I was in the wrong place?  I logged into sonos.com with my account details and went Profile to make the change - is this right or if not what was I doing wrong please?  I got Rayo playing again my removing & re-adding the service as mentioned already, but I don’t really want to be doing it each & every day if I can help it...

Badge +20

Thanks for this.  I tried but where I was it seemed to need a full, correct & valid address (and phone number!) before the change would save.  Presumably I was in the wrong place?  I logged into sonos.com with my account details and went Profile to make the change - is this right or if not what was I doing wrong please?  I got Rayo playing again my removing & re-adding the service as mentioned already, but I don’t really want to be doing it each & every day if I can help it...

Yes, your online Sonos account need to be populated along with the Country, once done should work continuously but if not you will have to call Sonos as there is absolutely no need to do it daily.

Badge

I have had problems for a couple of days (following the disappearance of the Planet Radio Music Service) when using Rayo, including the not being in the correct country issue (which was not related to any of my account settings).  I’ve also called Sonos support who are aware of the issue (but still trying to understand it).  In the course of a long support call with diagnostics being sent, I finally suggested removing the Rayo Music service (there was no option to re-authorise) and adding it up again.  This worked and once more I can use the Rayo Music Service and access all the radio stations - Sonos also thanked me for giving them a solution to the current problem.

I’m sure it will get fixed, but at least there is a short-term fix if you lose access.

Hope his helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes JRW2017, this is exactly what I did (again!) too.  Hopefully it’ll stick and not need doing again any time soon.  Seems most likely Planet/Rayo/Bayer are changing things in the background and we’re just seeing the end result...

Badge

Hi all. I had this (Jazz FM) and Sonos live chat very helpful pointing me toward Rayo. No one had told them either! But then today, woken up by the dreaded chimes again. Went into the app only to find Rwyo now not available in this country. Deleted and re-instwlled and all is well. I hope I get Jazz FM tomorrow. This has been communicated/ managed appallingly by the parent company. £3.99 a month I pay for ad free, it's really poor. 

I added Rayo successfully 2 days ago, and it worked, but then broke again.  Just deleted and re-added  as recommended above, and it’s working again.  Let’s hope it’s solid from now on.

...And now this is a daily problem.

Ah well, other stations are available. 

Have you communicated with Rayo? Since this isn’t happening with any other stream, I would guess that it’s not a Sonos issue, but something on their end…which they may not be aware of.