Skip to main content

Not all artists are showing up from amazon music account

• 1 September 2023
  • 7 replies

I recently had the relatively common problem of only having the first 5 albums showing up from my Amazon Music account.  But now, I have a different problem where I’m only seeing (roughly) the first half of my music library (from A through La).  I’ve tried clearing my cache and restarting, but that didn’t work.  This just started a couple of weeks ago (early- to mid- august).  Any help would be appreciated.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GonzoMusicMan77 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try removing your Amazon account from Sonos, then add it again.

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

If that does not fix the problem, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Which list is truncated? Artists, Albums, or Tracks? If you count the items seen it will likely be a multiple of 200, please tell us the value.

It’s all 3 (Artists, Albums and Tracks), but I really only use my artists list for searching.  There are 500 albums showing up on my Albums list in Sonos, which is roughly one-half of the albums that I have in my Amazon music collection.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It’s all 3 (Artists, Albums and Tracks), but I really only use my artists list for searching.  There are 500 albums showing up on my Albums list in Sonos, which is roughly one-half of the albums that I have in my Amazon music collection.  

500 sounds like a limit imposed by Amazon. I don’t have a collection that large to debug against.

I note that Amazon / Playlists lists exactly 500 items, handily they are numbered. Coincidence? Unlikely.

I don’t think this is the answer though.  I’ve added a couple albums in the last couple of months, but I was certainly over 900 albums a couple weeks ago when this started happening.  It could be that they imposed new limits, but I was able to access all of my albums until just recently.  

Badge

Hi,

I have the same issue, started about 4 weeks ago, I’ve spoken to Sonos technical support and they said it’s expected functionality as defined by Amazon, spoke to amazon today and I jumped through hoops to get to the point where they have raised an internal ticket and told me to come back in 24 hours… I think we know where this goes right?

Did anyone figure out the issue?

I’m assuming it is a limitation on Amazon’s side in how many rows of data they return from the API call?

Thanks,

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Did anyone figure out the issue?

I’m assuming it is a limitation on Amazon’s side in how many rows of data they return from the API call?

Thanks,

Mark

Indeed. Sonos recommend a 500 item limit for playable containers (eg playlists), but Amazon appear to have applied the same limit to non-playable contains (eg the Albums list).