Skip to main content
Answered

New Sonos App - Sort Sonos Favorites

• 13 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I can’t seem to find a way to sort my Sonos Favourites alphabetically, or anyway actually.  If I want them alphabetically, I have to add them in reverse order so that they are sorted correctly, but then if I decide to add new ones, there is no way to sort them unless I remove them all and re-add them again in reverse order.

Is this going to be fixed in a future update?

I have the latest version running on my iPhone (latest iOS version).

Thanks,
K

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos have never supported sorting anything. Favorites are stored alphabetically, and the UPnP apps (eg Desktop) have always displayed them that way. Sounds like the new cloud API returns them in a different order, sounds like chronological?

I can’t tell, as my Favorites do not display at all in the web app or the new app (server error 500 occurs, likely due to the types of some of my favorites).

Badge

That’s a good point.  Yes, the favourites get added chronologically (the order that you add them…first one added becomes the last one in the list, last on added is the first one in the list).

It is the same on the new mobile app as well as the new web app.

It would be nice if they added a way to manually sort or choose alphabetical sorting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kwjohn1969 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

It would also be nice if the search also searched favourites, and these appeared at top of search.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @kwjohn1969 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

It’s not really a “feature request” if the old app and desktop controller managed it. Putting all the favorites back together (after the “favorite artists listed as My-Sonos-Others” nonsense) is cool, but the Sonos UI/UX team have made a deliberate choice to sort them by date-added. I know we probably shouldn’t criticize the UI design too much when the app is clearly months away from being shippable, but I think we’d all like to know why this choice was made and why it’s more intuitive than an alphabetical (or user-configurable) sort.

+1 I would like the ability to sort my favorite playlists alphabetically. It would also be helpful to have a filter option so I can quickly find all of my favorite playlists that contain a specific term (e.g., ‘jazz’).