Skip to main content

New Ios App 80.02.04

New iOS and Adroid updates released.

Also firmware update.

ht @press250 

PSA #1: firmware update is v16.2 build 79153290, remains compatible with Android v16.1 app

PSA #2: Windows desktop app also updated today, works fine

PSA#3: Windows/Mac desktop apps remain on the old codebase, making them a superb diagnostic and debug tool. If you’re experiencing trouble with the new app, see if the problem exists in the Windows/Mac app. This may help isolate things and save you grief and frustration.

80.02.03 (Android)
80.02.02 (iOS)

Release date: 6/4/2024

In this update:

• Added support for the all new Sonos Ace headphones

• Added sleep timer settings

• Added “play next” and “add to end of queue”

• Improved Home Feed scrolling

• Improved setup reliability

• Added WiFi configuration for products with BLE

• Improved battery consumption for Bluetooth discovery

• Improved ability to update older firmware systems

• Further improved navigation for visually-impaired customers

• Added VoiceOver support to read toast message automatically on iOS

• Introduced mute button on iOS

• Improved local library connectivity

• Improved Trueplay setup on iOS

• Added distance settings for surrounds

• Added line-out settings for Sonos Port

App requirements

• Android 8.0 or later
  • iOS 16 or later
  • iPadOS 16 or later
  • Fire OS 7 and higher

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

Righto... The queue management isn't interactive on a playing list.  It only operates when setting up a playlist. Useless for real-time DJ sets! 

Much inferior to similar features in other systems. 

Suppose it's better than nuttin'

Yes, no queue or Playlist editing/management quite yet it seems. Playing next or adding to the end of the queue is the best we can hope for at the moment. Maybe next time.

(I’m sure Sonos will deem us ungrateful but all we want it to get back to where we were!!)

I can’t get adding to the end or play next. I have an album playing. If I tap the three dots on a song from a different album the options I get are “save to sonos favorites” “replace queue” and “Apple Music start station”. Are you able to play next or add to end?

Add to the end of queue and play next both work for me.

Navigating the active playlist in the App is still really slow.

I’m cursed 🤣

Did your Speakers update to Version: 16.2 (build 79153290)?

Ya all my hardware has been updated successfully. This is what I get

Ya all my hardware has been updated successfully.

It must be the static level in your fingers then 🤣

Being serious though, these are the errors that worry me most because they always take ages to track down and fix and inevitably other things break along the way. And , because they tend to impact a small percentage of users, people who are not impacted by the issue think it does really exists and somehow it is the users (or networks) fault.

Is it only me who is missing “Show album” from three dot menu for currently playing song? It’s  basic functionality for music streaming apps which is very handy when listening to a playlist. It’s gone from the new app. 

Is it only me who is missing “Show album” from three dot menu for currently playing song? It’s  basic functionality for music streaming apps which is very handy when listening to a playlist. It’s gone from the new app. 

Yeah almost all that stuff from the context menu is still missing. 

Sleep Timer has an odd behaviour for me.

When I set it to 30 minutes I get an error message saying the sleep timer failed but it actually worked.

Firmware update took 5 attempts but has worked and all of my speakers are now on Version: 16.2 (build 79153290).

🤔 I installed both the app-update and updated all speakers. I cannot find sleeptimer though…

Anyone please?

When I set it to 30 minutes I get an error message saying the sleep timer failed but it actually worked.

Firmware update took 5 attempts but has worked and all of my speakers are now on Version: 16.2 (build 79153290).

🤔 I installed both the app-update and updated all speakers. I cannot find sleeptimer though…

Anyone please?

Press the three dots  bottom right and it is on the menu that pops up.

I installed the iOS 80.02.04 version and sincerely hoped for an improvement to the performance issues. After the update the Sonos app doesn’t recognize what is playing in current queue. Waiting for a couple of minutes doesn’t even help. After killing and restarting the app then randomly it does tune in to current playing song and queue. Really frustrating. My system is pretty much void. Can’t adjust volume nor manage what is playing. Really frustrating! System is bricked. Wife not happy. Kids not happy. I’m not happy…

Anyone please?

Thanks for fast reply, but sorry to say the function does not show up in my app...

Anyone please?

Thanks for fast reply, but sorry to say the function does not show up in my app...

That only appears to work when streaming from a service. It’s still greyed out when playing from a local NAS. 

Anyone please?

That only appears to work when streaming from a service. It’s still greyed out when playing from a local NAS. 

In my case I stream Spotify, but do not even see somthing greyed out either.

Anyone please?

So they’ve done half a job then.

Still loads of things missing from this update that I use to take for granted. Basic design still appalling and I’m not sure that cocksure Sonos are even considering curing that problem. The previous app version (S2 classic) was much better, why can’t we have it as an option?

However, you can at least close the uncalled for Sonos advert that appears on the home page for their hardware - the hardware that I won’t be spending good money on until the software improves to the standard that it used to achieve. Could be a long, long time...

I took the update in the UK just now and the system updating message, but it updated to 80.01.30. Anyone know if this is being released globally at same time or different times in different locations?

Suffice to say none of the new features are available to me, though I am encouraged that they are at least promised in the 80.02.04 update

New iOS and Adroid updates released. The release notes from Sonos say 80.02.02, but the app store says its 80.02.04.

PSA #1: firmware update is v16.2 build 79153290, remains compatible with Android v16.1 app

PSA#3: Windows/Mac desktop apps remain on the old codebase, making them a superb diagnostic and debug tool. If you’re experiencing trouble with the new app, see if the problem exists in the Windows/Mac app. This may help isolate things and save you grief and frustration.

I took the update in the UK just now and the system updating message, but it updated to 80.01.30. Anyone know if this is being released globally at same time or different times in different locations?

Suffice to say none of the new features are available to me, though I am encouraged that they are at least promised in the 80.02.04 update

I updated on iOS to 80.02.04 at 15.00 today, UK time. 

The hardware update process itself still sucks. Took  4 tries to update my 9 sonos products. Yeah yeah yeah it's the wifi....

80.02.04 on iPhone 

Update is sorted.  I deleted the iPhone app and redownloaded it and system updated.  Now have “Play Next” and “Add to End of Queue”.  Good start, will keep testing.

The hardware update process itself still sucks. Took  4 tries to update my 9 sonos products. Yeah yeah yeah it's the wifi....

80.02.04 on iPhone 

Thanks - I am sorted too now.

Sure is a lot of chatter for: this app is still not operating functionally as it did in its previous iteration(s) with no discernible improvement to end user(s).  

Posting on these forums has turned into feeding an echo chamber and a compete exercise in futility.  

Sonos, as a company, has completely dropped the ball and left its users to quarrel amongst themselves; instead the user base should be directing their ire at those making these blunderous decisions. 

Sure is a lot of chatter for: this app is still not operating functionally as it did in its previous iteration(s) with no discernible improvement to end user(s).  

Posting on these forums has turned into feeding an echo chamber and a compete exercise in futility.  

Sonos, as a company, has completely dropped the ball and left its users to quarrel amongst themselves; instead the user base should be directing their ire at those making these blunderous decisions. 

Thanks for your input on 80.02.04 

New iOS and Adroid updates released. The release notes from Sonos say 80.02.02, but the app store says its 80.02.04.

Thank you I will add this to the OP so maybe more will see this information.

How very true, we as investors in Sonos products have well and truly had the proverbial rug pulled, it is blatantly obvious after a month of pleading and anger that Sonos have a path they wish to follow and are doing just that in disregard of their once loyal customers begging to just have what they paid for. 

You are a purchaser of a piece of plastic, wires, semiconductors.  You have invested nothing.

By installing the software you agreed to the terms and conditions of the EULA. 

That's 21st century capitalism for you.  You bought it, you own it.  Nothing more & nothing less. 

My quick feedback on this latest update (iOS app version 80.02.04).

Official release notes state the following among other updates:

• Added “play next” and “add to end of queue”
  • Added sleep timer settings

My observations (with iOS app, local music database on NAS):

• “play next” and “add to end of queue” only works for individual Songs or whole Albums. I would like to have this function for all songs from specific Artist or Genre. I am sure it worked like that in S2 until this 80.0 apocalypse...
  • I still cannot edit queue (remove songs, change songs order)
  • Sleep timer should be available from “Now Playing” screen - three dots icon at the bottom right. I can see this icon there but it always appears to be inactive (like greyed out) and tapping there does not do anything on my device