Question

New design thoughts

Userlevel 2

It is no longer possible to see what volume each speaker is at, when sliding on the “whole group” slider. This was a really nice feature in the old design. Please bring that back.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @danieljameswilliams 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you for your feedback - I’m not sure if the removal of this was planned or not (I don’t see any tickets for it) but I have marked this thread as a feature request - it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 2

Hello @Corry P Also the sleep timer is also gone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @danieljameswilliams 

This revitalization of the Sonos app is our most ambitious software update yet, and aims to address what our customers have been asking us for. It’s a huge undertaking, and we are taking the time and effort to ensure all features work seamlessly and meet both our standards and the standards of our listeners. With this commitment in mind, features such as playlist creation and queue editing within the Sonos app, sleep timers, and local library support will not be available at launch, but will be added to the app on a rolling basis over the coming months.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Corry P !

This revitalization of the Sonos app is our most ambitious software update yet, and aims to address what our customers have been asking us for

Presumably what future customers are asking for since those of us using and supporting Sonos for a decade are horrified that basic core capabilities are omitted and have asked for nothing that we currently see.

features such as playlist creation and queue editing within the Sonos app, sleep timers, and local library support will not be available at launch, but will be added to the app on a rolling basis over the coming months.

Corry, those are not “new features”. Those are core capabilities we all depend on - see just how many people are horrified you broke their alarm clock, for example, or are dismayed they can no longer reasonably use their local music library becuase there’s no search and no “Play next”.

Please package the old S2 app for seperate installation so those of us with working Sonos systems don’t find you have broken them in order to satisfy streamers of the future.

S.

Userlevel 2

@Corry P I agree with webmink, you should have waited with launching, or given the option to choose, or at least told us in the e-mail you sent out 14 days before, that features would be missing. I support your new tech, and it is a lot faster, but this frustration could have been avoided.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @danieljameswilliams 

Thanks for the feedback - for what it’s worth, I personally agree. Please know that we are collating all feedback regarding the new app in order to hand it over to those in charge. 

Hi, this is what’s broken for me in the new app, not in any particular order. Pretty much makes it unusable in my system. I’m on android.

Anybody else see these? i have tried absolutely everything.

Cheers,

Paul

1. No way to select or re-scan my music library that I can see. It’s on my local network.
  2. Search does not include results from my library as well as service results. It used to.
  3. Cannot edit queue - no dragging to re-order, no delete track, no add track to end, no insert track.
  4. Dot menu on bottom right of player window give error message “Unable to load. Some information is missing from this content.”
  5. All these features are still available on the desktop app on Windows 11.
  6. I need to know when they are going to be fixed, or where I can go back to the previous version.