New app volume control issue

Userlevel 2

Updated to the new app yesterday.  When I try to use the volume sliders on a group of speakers, or individual speakers within the group, the volume does not change and the slider just pops back to the previous position.  Tried repeatedly to get it to work, no luck.

Anyone else?

27 replies

Userlevel 1

The slides / controls for volume are terribly unresponsive. Not sure if this was done on purpose, but shouldn’t be a struggle to adjust the volume when attempting to. Kind of the point of going to that part of the app. It was also simpler to bring up all the units grouped together to adjust the volume in the previous app and no need to “apply” as if changing the grouping. Really a poor “upgrade” on this aspect.

Userlevel 2

Same issue. The feature of tapping to bring up the option of adjusting each individual speaker in the group seems to have gone. 

The delay in changing volume is unacceptable. 

The ‘jumping’ of the volume back to where it was after trying to adjust is a very poor UX. 

I can no longer use my tv remote to control volume on my tv. I MUST use the Sonos app on my phone. I have tried removing and reconnecting, bought a new tv remote, hard wired everything instead of using the wireless aspect …. No luck. 

Userlevel 2

New app is incredibly laggy. Just another aspect of this terrible "upgrade", along with missing locsl music library and no queue editing or clearing.

Sonos... Fix it or ditch it until the new version is actually usable. 

Userlevel 2

I can no longer use my tv remote to control volume on my tv. I MUST use the Sonos app on my phone. I have tried removing and reconnecting, bought a new tv remote, hard wired everything instead of using the wireless aspect …. No luck. 

Argh! What a nightmare. Will need to try mine when I get home. 

Same issues. 

Userlevel 1

Same issues

Userlevel 1

This is a terrible upgrade. 

Last version works waaaay better. 

I have the same irritating issue. Annoying to the extent that I am thinking of ditching my entire system.

SONOS, please fix this!

Userlevel 1

The worst app upgrade in the history of apps - how do i get my old version back?

Nothing works! No volume control, no sonos radio, it’s awful !

Having the same issue. I can control my home theater but that’s all. No other speakers all me to adjust the volume. 

I have the same isssue. Since the new app has been installed, volume control is out of contol the volume switch bounces up and down as it pleases. I is a nuisance especially if I want to watch movies but also when I just listen to my radio. It seems Sonos id not thoroughly check its latest release. 
That is in my opinion not professional. 

The only two (very basic) features I used on the old Sonos iPhone app were (1) playing my Sonos playlists & (2) raising/lowering the volume.  5 years of curated playlists seem to be gone in the update.  Trying to simply raise or lower the volume of all house speakers leads to strange, jerky responses where the music is suddenly much louder in the kitchen than in the bathroom or bedroom - and then stays at that disparity.  I’m now suddenly with a system that is is barely usable for anything.  Crazy stuff. 

Same issue. This is a terrible upgrade. Less control more hassle. Sonos please fix or go back to the previous version.

I have the same issue with the volume control. Also this new version is harder to navigate through than the old one. People at Sonos- are you listening to any of us????

I have yet to figure out how to control my arc and 300 separately.  No slider control for my 300.  Now I have “shit speakers”

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same issue here with iOS phone, but the Mac web version works.

Also, “Hey Sonos” devices continue to ignore commands and requires deleting voice services and re-adding! 

Roll us back to S2 

This app upgrade is completely unusable. Half the time the volume control is fully unresponsive, it won’t even read my touch input. I can’t drag the slider(s), when I can the lag is in seconds, if at all. I had to stop using the app and adjust volume with  the physical controls. I going to abandon the system if this isn’t fixed immediately. I’m also having issues with the system not showing on my network (and it’s not an issue with my network, just Sonos). I’m looking for alternatives. 

Same here🙁

SONOS any outlook to fix ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Today I picked up my Sonos Roam and went to switch on the microphone and got an extremely loud popping sound. I pressed the button for lowering the volume several times and got no response, just the same very loud popping each time. I checked an iPad that still has the older app and the volume for this device was set at 70! I’m in a small apartment, play mostly acoustic music, and have rarely ever set the volume higher than about 25. I have no idea how this device ended up at 70. 

I’ve updated to the new app on only one device and sometimes have tried experimenting with that to see what does and doesn’t work. Since the new app in general and volume in particular are so hard to use, it’s very possible I hit something that caused this without realizing it. I’m relieved I at least caught it before accidentally blasting some music.

Updated to the new app yesterday.  When I try to use the volume sliders on a group of speakers, or individual speakers within the group, the volume does not change and the slider just pops back to the previous position.  Tried repeatedly to get it to work, no luck.

Anyone else?

Yes - same issue.  Worst app update ever!!

What is the point in updating an app to make it look prettier if it doesn’t work? Sonos, please admit you got this wrong and fix ASAP 

I've given up. I've got a five and 2 ones. Since the additional update I think yesterday, I cant control the volume for 1 of the Ones via the app.

same here. three speakers all are low volume and can't sustain increase in volume.  terrible. terrible app.  Tried to call soon and 1 h and a quarter wait  caN WE GO BACK TO S2

Same issues.

I find the UI terribly confusing. “View System” is the equivalent of the old “Rooms”, but is not obvious. 

TV sound is confusing as heck to figure out.

Group volume doesn’t work at all.

UI is klunky and unresponsive.

If you’re going to force us to upgrade, please do way more testing next time!!