new app is missing things like alarm!

Userlevel 3
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Thx guys. There is no way to set up alarms anymore so I will have to unplug all my speakers because I have a feeling that new app didn’t delete alarms on speakers. 
Great work indeed (irony), honestly had bigger expectations from new app. But whole experience is messy as hell. UI is like from a two year old, where every part of app is acting differently with several mixed up ways to behave on user input. 

22 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I would not have updated if I’d have known the alarm feature was missing. They said it’d be back in a future release but can someone at Sonos advise when this will be? Terrible to have all this fanfare with the new release and have some basic functionality missing. 

I have the same issue with the missing alarm and posted my issue in a Sonos FaceBook page.  A couple people sent me screen shots from the new app that clearly shows the alarm feature exists.  My theory is if you were using the alarm (like I was) the feature is missing.  If you were not using it it’s there!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I have the same issue with the missing alarm and posted my issue in a Sonos FaceBook page.  A couple people sent me screen shots from the new app that clearly shows the alarm feature exists.  My theory is if you were using the alarm (like I was) the feature is missing.  If you were not using it it’s there!

It was enabled in an earlier release but seems to have vanished in the most recent update (there were several close together at release time)

Userlevel 1

Can I delete the app and restore the old app from backup? 

Userlevel 2

Please put the alarms back in the app. My entire family relies on this to wake up. 

IMO this falls well below the standards and level of service expected of a big player like Sonos. An alarm feature is too important for so many people to be compromised. Sonos have really dropped the ball here and have lost my confidence in them. My alarm stopped working before the app update. I had an early morning flight and thank god I set a backup alarm. The Sonos alarm did not go off. On returning I checked the old app and the feature had indeed stopped working properly. Now I can see the app has been updated and the alarm feature is gone entirely! I suspect the alarm failure immediately prior to update is no coincidence and is due to poor implementation of the update. A total shambles.

Alarm feature missing as well as the widget on Android. Both crucial.

The App has gone from great to awful in one step. Did no one test this at sonos before release!?

Fix the issue or role back.

I too am missing the feature on my mobile App although I did see it was still there on my PC

Userlevel 1

I now have alarms going off when I don’t want and not going off when I need them…..

Yes I can go to the windows app and do it there, but before night in bed, there is now no way to change the alarms for the next morning.

So now I have to buy an alarm clock????? Its one of the reasons I have a sonos in every kids bedroom. Maybe I just need to put them on ebay and use the proceeds for an alarm clock then….

Hi,

Like many of us I updated the app & lost the alarm function.

However, I only updated the app on my iPhone. I have not updated on my iPad & the alarm function is still there & working.

So don’t up date on all devices until Sonos fix the problem.

Cheers,

David

This is a complete and utter joke. How on earth can Sonos defend this? Either it’s total incompetence, or they knowingly released this garbage to meet some arbitrary date.

Setting my alarm was literally the only thing I used the app for, and you removed it. You couldn’t make it up.

This is the final straw – I’m never buying another Sonos product again and will find replacements soon enough. Too many issues. I get the impression many others feel the same. 

This new app is atrocious. What happened to the alarm. Thus is the most basic requirement of this system  I can't believe that you removed it.  Please reinstall it immediately.  

Badge +1

Hopefully Sonos is listening.  Alarms, Android Widget, ease-of-use, mute, Google Android home page icon, diagnostic access, all need to be fixed and fixed fast.  These aren't all broke/missing, but those that aren't are still very very rough from a usability POV 

I get where things are going in the new app, however I'm not convinced that the UX team really evaluated the new app on small and large screens.  The peeking (quick access) sliding panel at the bottom of the screen for the recently controlled speaker/group wastes a lot of room on screen, as does the top Sonos title bar (but at least that hosts the profile and settings icons).

Surprised that the new app was considered releasable with so many things broken or missing for things that many of us rely on for the benefits and ease of use that Sonos was previously known for.  Hopefully those days aren't gone.

Like everyone else, I’m astonished that the alarm feature is just suddenly missing - with the alarms previously set on my system still going off!!  Please restore this feature ASAP.  Using the Windows or Mac versions is not necessarily a viable option for everyone, guys.  (And also rather hard to find the installations for these as they aren’t mentioned at all on the app page and no search results when searching your site).  Why make things so hard for your customers?

I am also adding mine to the other voices - I got your product because of the alarm feature and mainly use it as an alarm. Please please add the feature back! (Im on iOS)

The update should have stated clearly the removal of alarms because I would not have updated it.

I guess all those those Alarms set up for the same specific time (i.e. 7.00 am) overloaded the servers. More often than not I had a sound signal instead of my favorite radio station… So Sonos has to find a solution for that issue. Backup is anyway a must whenever a wake up call is crucial….

Come on Sonos wake up!This is the worst update ever. The alarm function is gone. It's unprofessional. The alarm function is actually very important for many people, so PLEASE get it fixed.

Work around: The Sonos app for PC still works perfectly fine. Alarms and sleep timer function present!
Hopefully they leave it untouched …

I guess all those those Alarms set up for the same specific time (i.e. 7.00 am) overloaded the servers. More often than not I had a sound signal instead of my favorite radio station… So Sonos has to find a solution for that issue. Backup is anyway a must whenever a wake up call is crucial….

I don't think the alarms are on a Sonos server. If you are disconnected from the internet, the alarm still goes of on the correct time. Only your radiostation or whatever you selected isn't played, but a beep sound. So the alarm is stored somewhere in the memory of your Sonos.

The missing alarm is a crazy.

The format is miserable.

How is it that the rooms are mcc a low priority?

If a room goes off-line it used to show a wrench symbol and you could work on reconnecting.  It not just disappears and not clear how to go about reconnecting.  I wish this was a rare problem but way too common.

Back to the old software until the new software doesn’t look like something a 10-year old produced

I have just arrived home late having come back from a business trip. I wanted to change my alarm on the Sonos in our bedroom however I couldn't find it on the system. I've had to pull the plug out of the wall for the Sonos and set the alarm on my phone instead. Not at all satisfactory. 

Huge turn off that the alarm is gone. Will most definitely make me look elsewhere when buying my next system if this is not solved quickly. What a bad design decision!