Skip to main content

Your app is not only very bad in terms of functionality (disappeared functionalities, bugs everywhere..) But also a technical disaster.. Got now my battery drained and warning from my phone.. Have you really tested something before release?

Since the update battery drain on Pixel 8 and Pixel 6 Pro are significant. I usually go to bed with around 50% remaining charge. Since installing the new Sonos update this is reduced to under 20%. Regular use has not been any different and no other apps have been installed. This is happening on my phone and also on my wife's phone. Can't believe Sonos has cocked up this update so badly. 

Yes. 

PLEASE FIX THIS! 

My battery drains significantly and I get notification that it is the Sonos app that is responsible - same as above.

I enjoy updates and progress but the new version of this app is inexcusable - it started with v80.

Not sure how there are only three people commenting here - the app rating is getting flamed. 

It is the first and only review I have ever provided due to the app being so terrible. 

I’ve the same issue with my Samsung phone. Sonos, please come with a quick fix for this

Samsung phone here also.  I have to force close the app to keep my phone from heating up when I home. Just terrible.

I agree!  I got the same message on my phone. I dig around and found something in permissions that I turned off (sorry can't remember what it was) but my battery life is now a million times better! I was charging two and three times a day. Now it's 4pm and I'm at 75%.

I agree!  I got the same message on my phone. I dig around and found something in permissions that I turned off (sorry can't remember what it was) but my battery life is now a million times better! I was charging two and three times a day. Now it's 4pm and I'm at 75%.

I looked around in the app prior and since your post and still not seeing anything that helps with the battery drain issue. I have a s23u phone.

Any insight is appreciated!

Keep getting messages saying that the Sonos app has high battery use on my s24u.

Seems bluetooth related, but I have no blutooth Sonos device anyway.

Keep getting messages saying that the Sonos app has high battery use on my s24u.

Interesting. Are you saying that you only getting the notification or is your battery draining?

Got a sonos app update last night (set to require approval since this horrible rollout) Fingers crossed I don't have to keep forcing the app closed to save battery drain.

Interesting. Are you saying that you only getting the notification or is your battery draining?

Got a sonos app update last night (set to require approval since this horrible rollout) Fingers crossed I don't have to keep forcing the app closed to save battery drain.

I plug in regularly and it is a new phone,  so haven't noticed any huge loss of charge. However Android is definitely alerting me with a notification.

I have now removed bluetooth permissions from the app (settings/apps/Sonos/Permissions/Bluetooth, don't allow) and will see how that goes.  Functionality seems unaffected so crossing my fingers.

so is this still going on? I noticed it when I started using the new headphones, and of course noticed the new app doesn't actually support the headphones on android

Ignoring for the moment the abysmal functionality of the new (and supposedly improved app), the latest update is draining my iPhone like crazy. Looking at the battery settings this morning Sonos was responsible for over 60% of battery usage. It beggars belief to think how anyone could push through such a poorly thought through upgrade.

So frustrated I tried to downgrade my system to the S1 controller, but it wouldn't let me. Thanks Sonos. You’re the tops.

It is garbage and when I contacted support they claim they never heard anything about it and tried to push it all back on my network and start the b.s. of unplugging everything, restarting, blah blah blah.