Answered

Network problem, unable to connect Spotify.

• 3 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I've been using Spotify on Sonos for years, but for some reason it fails to connect a couple of days ago. I got in touch with the chat support yesterday. Got the suggestion to try reinstall Spotify on Sonos. It didn't work and now I can't even get Spotify into Sonos. Got this message. No problems with the network using other stuff. (Sorry for screenshot in Swedish) 

icon

Best answer by Mac2thaPac 4 October 2020, 08:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mac2thaPac.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

The error message is about checking the network connection, it means that the Sonos app is having trouble connecting to your Sonos products or to the internet.

You may refer to this article provides some steps to follow to get your app reconnected to your Sonos system.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report when it happens, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

If normal menu directions do not apply when in this state, usually there will be a More Options button, then Submit Diagnostics.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hi @Mac2thaPac.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

The error message is about checking the network connection, it means that the Sonos app is having trouble connecting to your Sonos products or to the internet.

You may refer to this article provides some steps to follow to get your app reconnected to your Sonos system.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report when it happens, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

If normal menu directions do not apply when in this state, usually there will be a More Options button, then Submit Diagnostics.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

The thing is that there is no problem with Sonos. I can play music through TuneIn and manage different speakers and groups. It's just that Spotify doesn't work on Sonos. I can't make Spotify connect work either. But when playing Spotify normally by phone or headset it works perfectly. No issues with the network otherwise. Chromecast, Netflix, Google assistant and Ikea Trådfri works. I did send a diagnostics report because Alla T on Sonos support told me to. 

Problem solved. :D

Got the firmware of my router updated. Now it works again. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mac2thaPac.

Thanks for your response and update.

I’m so glad to hear that the issue was resolved now, I appreciate you letting us know the steps you did to fix it.

This can definitely help those community members that might encounter the same concern.

I’m looking forward to the continuous smooth sailing of your system.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.

Cheers!