Skip to main content
Question

My entire Apple Music Library is visible in my Sponos app, but I am unable to play anything from it

• 19 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Since downloading the new Sonos app, I am unable to play anything from my Apple Music library.  The entire library is visible (artists, albums, songs, playlists, recently added, etc.),but when I select a song, nothing plays.

All other streaming service are working fine (SiriusXM, Spotify, etc.)

I’ve confirmed there are no local network issues,  I have checked for updates to my Sonos system.  I have logged out of the Sonos app, logged back in.  I have reauthorized Apple Music in my profile.  Still not working. 

Anyone else experiencing the same issue, or found a solution?

This is not the first time I have had issues with Apple Music not playing on my Sonos system.  In the past, the issue just eventually went away well after all troubleshooting.  

Thanks.

2 replies

Interesting, I’ve not seen this as a common issue. Have you rebooted your router, followed by a reboot of your speakers? 

The challenge seems to be that you can see everything, without being able to play it. I’d have a better idea if you weren’t able to see it. 

I’d really be tempted to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks Bruce.  Yes, I rebooted the router and the speakers.  

I agree, it’s very odd that the entire Apple Music library is visible, but when I try to play a song… nothing.  

Like I mentioned, I’ve had issue with Apple Music not playing properly in the past.   Several months ago, I could play songs from all categories EXCEPT my Playlists category.  I could play them from artists, albums, recently added categories… but even though my playlists were visible, they wouldn’t play.  I spent countless hours chatting with both Sonos AND Apple support, without any solution.  Then, one day, poof, it started working properly.  Now, the issue has escalated to no songs playing, from any category.  

I’ll probably reach out to Sonos support if it continues, but with my experiences with working with them in the past on this sort of issue, I’m not holding my breath on them finding a solution.