Skip to main content
Answered

Music library security settings

• 9 July 2024
  • 5 replies

My music library disappeared from my Sonos apps. When I try to add it back using the desktop app, I get the error message “unable to add the shared folder (913)”

Chat support told me this was something to with the new security settings on the “upgraded” Sonos app and to call phone support but there is currently a 30 minute wait.

Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My music library disappeared from my Sonos apps. When I try to add it back using the desktop app, I get the error message “unable to add the shared folder (913)”

Chat support told me this was something to with the new security settings on the “upgraded” Sonos app and to call phone support but there is currently a 30 minute wait.

Does anybody have any advice?

Hi @bullen, this post includes an explanation of Error 913 and how we got here …

https://en.community.sonos.com/advanced%2Dsetups%2D229133/how%2Ddo%2Di%2Dadd%2Dmy%2Dnas%2Dto%2Dmusic%2Dlibrary%2Don%2Dnew%2Dapp%2D6892451?postid=16761472#post16761472

And this post may be helpful if your library is on a Windows machine …

Userlevel 2

Thanks, that’s interesting background….but is there a solution? I’m using a Mac.

If there is a solution, why doesn’t Sonos just post it somewhere so we don’t have wait 30 minutes to get through phone support? A rhetorical question.

Fortunately I’m using the S1 Sonos app for my main system and it’s working fairly well, ….although I can’t save playlists and nobody at Chat support can help😫

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks, that’s interesting background….but is there a solution? I’m using a Mac.

If there is a solution, why doesn’t Sonos just post it somewhere so we don’t have wait 30 minutes to get through phone support? A rhetorical question.

Here’s the Sonos article, which includes a Mac-specific link …

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

Userlevel 2

Thanks!!!

Userlevel 2

Brilliant, this seems to be working.

So why didh’t chat support just direct me to this????