Question

Music library not available

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Hi I have just started having problems with the music library which isn’t available.

Library is on macbook pro iTunes library and when I go to ‘add library ‘ the path is clearly shown.

I’ve tried updating the library with no luck.

Same problem on laptop, iPad and iPhone all using the S2 controller and paired Sonos ones.

Sonos radio is available and Spotify too just no music library.

A real puzzle so any help appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @an63.

Thanks for reaching out, let me help and try to figure this out.

Are you getting any error code/message when trying to access the music library?

I suggest checking the WiFi connection of your computer hosting your music library, if the wireless connection is weak, you may experience audio dropouts or see error messages when trying to add or play your music. Make sure the computer has a strong WiFi connection or is wired into your home’s network with an Ethernet cable. If the computer is wired in, disable the WiFi connection. You can find more information in our article on troubleshooting problems with the music library.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.