Answered

macOS controller in update loop (16.1)

• 18 April 2024
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

Having an issue with the macOS Controller on my M1 MacBook Pro since the 16.1.1 install a few weeks back.

Whenever I load the controller it says ‘We need to get Sonos running on the latest software. Choose Check for Updated to get started.’

I press Check and it comes up with ‘No update required. Your Sonos system is up-to-date.’

I have deleted the app and reinstalled. I then deep-deleted the app (from ~Library etc) and reinstalled. Same issue.

The app and updater has permissions to update under Security > Privacy etc.

If I press ‘Continue using the SONOS app’ it then goes to searching and then puts me in a similar loop which is

‘Some of your products aren’t registered to your Sonos account. Let’s register them now so you can use them’.

I log-in and it goes back to ‘No update required.

Can anyone suggest what to do now? I’ve tried ‘Reset App’ etc too.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 April 2024, 18:28

View original

1 reply

It may be telling you to update the firmware on your speakers, not the app on your Mac. But then that is curious as to why it then says ‘No update required’. 

I think I would call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. I have not had this issue on my M1 MacBook Air, or slightly older MacBook Pro (intel, not M1). Perhaps they can untangle this.