Skip to main content
Question

Lost control of my third party Subwoofer with my amp this update

I had been using the Amp (gen 2) with two KEF speakers, a third party (KEF) subwoofer, and two One SLs with no issues but after updating the app I can’t control my subwoofer at all. The volume and crossover frequency sliders do nothing and even the “on/off” switch doesn’t work (it remains on at whatever settings it’s defaulting to). Unfortunately I’m on iOS so I can’t easily revert back to the previous version of the app. Anyone else dealing with this right now? I’ve reset my router hoping that would fix it but the issues still remains. Can’t believe this update was rolled out how it is…

20 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I'm not sure why your post decided to pop up for me after I made a similar post just now.

I used the search function too and nothing came up haha. 

But same here, same issue. I have 2 Martin Logan tower speakers and a SVS subwoofer connected to my Sonos Amp. Controlling my subwoofer from the app was working flawlessly until I did the new Sonos update. 

Glad I'm not the only one. Sonos needs to fix this asap, I keep having to make manual adjustments on the subwoofer itself. 

Same here with a Cambridge Audio sub, the Amp’s sub controls have no effect on the Amp’s signal to the sub.

Just to add another data point my amp + Sonos sub, the sub controls do work.

Userlevel 1

What's going on with this new app , I have no control to my sub (ITS A REL SUB ON A REL ARROW WIRELESS ) the system is on and it's all working but the app is not picking it up. I have no controls to it at all I can't even play my music and turn the sub of without unplugging it 

Why change the app when it's fine how it is?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Corry P any chance we can get some word about this man? People have not been able to control their subwoofer from the Sonos AMP ever since this new update came out. It only works for those that own a Sonos Subwoofer but I bought my Sonos AMP to control my 3rd party Subwoofer.

Userlevel 1

@Corry P please add sub controls back to the Amp. You guys are nerfing your product so bad. I will look for alternatives if this isn't fixed soon

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SeepSoak & @Jsuh0 

We are aware of the issue and will have it fixed, but I have no ETA for a resolution as of yet.

Userlevel 1

Thank you. As long as it will eventually be fixed I can work around it for now 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @SeepSoak & @Jsuh0 

We are aware of the issue and will have it fixed, but I have no ETA for a resolution as of yet.

I appreciate the acknowledgement on that. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

+1

3rd party sub controls do not work with sub out on Amp. Ironically, if you add a Sonos Sub and leave your 3rd party sub connected, it works. Who’s going to do that though. 😶

Has to be an oversight. 

Glad others are having issues with the new app and the The Sonos amp in ability to control my third-party sub. Never had issues before. Why do people feel like they always have to change things. Just making it new does not make it better!

Userlevel 1

Sonos has completely failed with this new update.

I have a third party sub connected to my Sonos amp with floor standing speakers and has work a treat since I bought the amp a yr ago.

Great sounding, precise and clear.. I will give them that but why this update with bugs that should have been overseen before release?

Its quite obvious this has upset a lot of people who pay good money for the product.

Sonos, get your act together and sort it out sooner than later.

Hi @SeepSoak & @Jsuh0 

Hello Corry,

Can you please get this working again ASAP. I am lodging a return for my amp if this is not resolved soon. And if possible please get the team to make the high and low pass filters fully adjustable and not locked in high and low pass between 50-100. Just go 0-100 for both high and low please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TSquibs et al

Could I ask one of you to please post a screenshot of the app with the Sub settings for your third-party subwoofers missing? Thanks.

Is this what you needed? All of these controls no longer function for my third party sub.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sgrastar 

Thanks - I mistakenly thought the settings were missing, not that they were there but not working. It’s clear upon re-reading the first post. I’ll forward that screenshot to my colleague anyway though. Thanks again!

Hi @sgrastar 

Thanks - I mistakenly thought the settings were missing, not that they were there but not working. It’s clear upon re-reading the first post. I’ll forward that screenshot to my colleague anyway though. Thanks again!

Hi Correy

While you’re at it, can you ask your colleagues to implement independent high pass and low pass filters on the sub and speakers, some users prefer their speaker to be full range when connected to a sub, rather than locking high and low pass together. 

I know you can’t make any promises but please ask if it’s possible

thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mikeymikemike 

I recommend you create a new thread for a feature request - we can then tag it and pass it along to the relevant teams for consideration.

In my case the settings were missing at first. They have come back a week ago or so, but they have no effect (except for the Crossover slider) I tested with a frequency generator app.

Userlevel 1

Can confirm third party sub controls in app now working, 3rd July ‘24.
Sonos, thank you but pls don't ever do this again.