Skip to main content

So today I rolled the dice and updated my Android app, hoping the release notes promising local library search and playback from my Windows desktop were not a lie.

I had to type in the serial numbers for two of my Ports before I could search for or play anything -- a new hassle I haven't encountered before -- but once that was done and I typed a band name into the search bar, it did indeed show me albums in my local library, as well as in Spotify, et al. I could also see all my imported playlists containing those local tracks. This seemed slightly encouraging.

Unfortunately, while I can now play one complete album or one complete playlist (as long as it's not too large) from my local library, that seems to be the extent of the fix. Trying to play (or add to end of queue) just a single local track, or trying to add a second local album or local playlist to the end of my queue yields an, "Unable to add to queue" message, which is very weird, since I can add one entire album or playlist just fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this and/or aware of a fix? I suppose it's progress, of a sort, since before today's update my Sonos system was completely useless, and now it is merely mostly useless.

And I can't believe it might be October before we can expect the ability to edit queues and playlists returns.

I hope everyone who worked on this app or approved its release spends their days and nights in a constant state of shame and embarrassment for how poorly they've done their jobs, given the thousands of dollars most of us have spent on hardware they've made non-functional for months, now.

Be the first to reply!