Live Streamed Radio Jumps

• 3 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

We have a Sonos Port in our living room, a Sonos One in our kitchen and an IKEA Symfonisk in our kid’s bedroom (all up to date). We usually listen to the live streamed radio station Sveriges Radio in the mornings. The stream keeps jumping, I think it’s back in time. More than an hour is my guess. This always happens out of the blue. Some mornings it doesn’t happen, some mornings it can happen so many times you just want to go buy and old school FM radio and retire the Sonos speakers (not really, but you get the frustration 😉).

When this happens I’ve never found an issue with Sveriges Radio at status.sonos.com, it seems like it’s a bug somewhere. I don’t know if it’s on the Sonos side of things or at Sveriges Radio’s side, but it’s pretty annoying and I don’t seem to be alone.

I searched the community before writing this, and found at least one person with the exact same issue. It’s in Swedish: https://en.community.sonos.com/old-sonos-svenska-forum-229125/naer-ska-sveriges-radio-boerja-fungera-6844060

Do I have any fellow users with the same kind of issue or does anyone have any advice on how to take this further?

Kind regards,
Johan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wolfen, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern and for letting us know about it. Let me help you with this.

First, I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. When did you first encounter this issue? Any changes in the network like a new router or WiFi name/password?
2. Do you experience the same issue with all your music services?
3. Is playing directly from the Sveriges Radio music service app gave you the same problem?
4. Have you tried removing and re-adding the Sveriges Radiomusic service in the Sonos app? 
5. Do you have any speaker wired to your router? Any improvements?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. Start the playback on Sveriges Radio and wait for a few minutes then run a diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi @Rowena B.,

Thanks for getting back to me!

1. Months ago. I just haven’t bothered about it until the other day when it got crazy. No changes when it comes to the wifi as far as I can remember.
  2. No, only with Sveriges Radio. I use Spotify and Plex as well.
  3. I haven’t tried that.
  4. I haven’t, but I just did. I’ll report back on this later.
  5. Yes, the Port is wired and it has been that since I connected it. Used to have a Connect and that was wired as well.

Diagnostic report ID: 2067510269

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wolfen, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me check it for you.

Based on the diagnostic, there's interference in your network that may be caused by wireless congestion, an audio dropout was detected in your due to sync error and the audio feed is too slow causing the playback to stop. These network-related issues that may be causing the issue. 

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you and help you resolve the issue.

1. Change wireless channel on the Sonos app
Settings > System > Network > Networks > SonosNet Channel > Set it to 1
2. If you have access to your router settings, below are the settings that need to be verified. You can contact your Interner Service Provider or router manufacturer for assistance.

- The auto channel must be set to Off
- Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)
- Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz
- Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled
- UPnP should be enabled
- 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n
- Airtime Fairness should be disabled (if applicable)

If you're still experiencing the same issue, you may perform the recommended troubleshooting on the following articles:

Music service audio stops or skips
Get help with SYMFONISK speaker

Please let us know if you're still experiencing the same issue with Sveriges Radio after performing the steps above and submit another diagnostic to see if the errors have been cleared. Kindly include the confirmation number with your response. We'll wait for your reply.