Skip to main content

July App Update - run a Poll to help devs understand/collate user input.

• 25 May 2024
  • 0 replies

-- Sorry, this is posted in the wrong category, but the form would not let me select the right one, questions etc about the new app.  Read on.... ---

A few weeks in, it is clear that the developers of the May update have little experience of using a local Music Library, and perhaps little interest in facilitating it. 

Many of the users who are active on this forum - particularly since 7 May - have years of experience with the app and strong opinions as to how they would like to interact with their Sonos systems through it.

Although Sonos say they pay close attention to postings to the forum, it has to be impossible to keep up with the avalanche of comments and suggestions the "upgrade" unleashed and to collate them into a useable format for their programmers to use.

I suggest that Sonos set up a Poll on the forum through which users can "vote" for the features which they would like to see in the promised July update. While such a Poll might not be in time for the July update it would at least give Sonos a current, cohesive and accessible view of what the seemingly forgotten cohort of local library users really want as development of the app continues.

I have drawn up a list, off the top of my head, of the items I would like to see included in such a poll, which is below.  Most of them have been in the prior version of the (Android, which is what I use, but the Apple versions must be very similar) app but the very few new features I would like to see added are starred. There will doubtless be many others, but the list should be kept manageable.

What do you think? And perhaps we could hear from Sonos as to what they think about this idea and what they might do about it. 

I for one will not be holding my breath, but I'm an optimist.…

MUSIC LIBRARY 
Setup & reindex control from app.
Search as before.
Add Search for Contributing Artists. *
Side scroll with alpha indicator.

QUEUE 
Replacement of Q optional not mandatory when selecting material to play.
Play Now/Next/Add to End.
Manage Q - Clear/Edit/Save.

NOW PLAYING SHEETS (or whatever they're called)
Make full & minimised versions the same, whichever way a song is selected.  *
Include Album name with Artist. 

ALBUM ART
Bring it back - Albums listing, Album/Song selection screen, Now Playing cards.…

MISC
Alarms.
Sleep Timer.
Widgets.
"Pin Collection to Home" and "Save to Sonos Favourites" controls - make them mean/do something... * 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.