Answered

iTunes playlists not appearing in Imported Playlists

• 29 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I have iTunes 12.12 on a Windows 11 PC.  I have lots of iTunes Playlists, but I do not know where on the PC they are stored.

My iTunes Media Folder is set to D:/iTunesLibrary.

I have set the Sonos app to look for my Music Library in D:/iTunesLibrary and also a folder called D:/iTunes.  

I have imported the PC’s music library numerous times into Sonos, and the mp3 files appear, but the playlists do not appear in the “Imported Playlists” area.

I have previously imported the folder C:Users/Username/Music into Sonos, and that has not caused the playlists to appear.  Evidently the playlists are in none of these three folders (??).

Can anyone suggest

1- How can I ask my Windows PC “In which folder on this PC are the iTunes playlists located?”

or

2- Any suggestions for how to make the playlists appear in the Sonos “Imported Playlists” tab?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 31 July 2023, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Elroy,

Your iTunes playlists are stored in an XML file which is usually located in the iTunes folder. If it’s not in that folder, it may be located elsewhere or you may have to manually export it. The steps to share this file to be used with other applications are the following: 

iTunes or Edit → Preferences →  Advanced → Share iTunes Library XML with other application.

Once you locate the file, either place it in the same folder you’ve shared with Sonos and re-index your music library or share the folder that the playlist file is located.

If you’re having trouble locating this file or you’re unable to create one, I’d suggest reaching out to apple for further assistance.

I hope this information helps!