Skip to main content

iTunes playlists

• 4 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Sonos did not find my iTunes playlists when updating my library.

iTunes stores playlist info in the file iTunes Music Library.xml. I found it on my Asus in C:\users\Asus\Music\iTunes. I tried adding this folder to the Sonos library but still no playlists. 

I keep my music in a different folder C:\iTunes Music, which I add to the Sonos Music Library. Sonos finds my music here. 

Sonos seems to need the xml file in the same folder as the music. So I copied and pasted the xml file to my C:\iTunes Music folder. Now Sonos finds the playlists. 

I just have to remember to copy and paste when I create a new playlist. BTY, I love Genius for making playlists.

I am not sure how I found this solution. I may have to credit someone else. But I could not find in prior conversations. So I thought this post may be of help to someone. 

1 reply

This is an update. This solution I found no longer works after the recent Sonos update.

However, with Sonos’ help I am able to export one playlist at at time in M3U files. When added to my music folder the playlist shows up in Sonos. A little extra work but my iTunes playlists are all there. Remember to update the music library.