Skip to main content

I have been experiencing an intermittent issue, whereby internet radio is interrupted for up to about 5-10 seconds, every couple of minutes.

This issue never happens when I am streaming music from my NAS drive, only with internet radio.

I have monitored internet traffic and can see no spikes or other errors when the problem occurs.  The broadband is running at well within the capacity of the router.

Yesterday when it kept happening, I changed the WiFi channel of the Sonos and today, so far, the problem hasn’t happened.  I don’t understand why this would be the solution, otherwise why would streaming from a NAS not also suffer?

I have a Play:1, Play:3 and Connect in my system.  The Play:3 is wired to the router and is the primary speaker in the group.  All speakers are in a single group as I always have the same music playing in all rooms.

Before I changed the channel I rebooted the router and the speakers, but the problem persisted.

Any advice or opinions welcomed.  Apologies if this has been asked before.  I searched but although there were lots of similar problems nothing seemed to quite fit this scenario.

Thanks

Ian

It could be just enough wifi interference to affect one streaming source, and not others. Oddly, each have their own sensitivity to interruption. But ultimately, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks Bruce.