Answered

Indexing my music library / all playlists not imported

• 18 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello all, I have long struggled with an issue where Sonos PC app will not correctly ingest my playlists.  I use iTunes to manage my playlists.  I have my iTunes xml file stored in the drive where my music library sits.  Every time the Sonos PC controller indexes the iTunes xml file, it skips a big chunk of my playlists, and I can’t figure out what the logic is on the playlists skipped.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to force the Sonos controller to import ALL of the playlists from iTunes (around 50 to 60)?   Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 May 2023, 04:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

There's a max number of tracks you can have  across all your iTunes imported playlists.  I believe it's 14,000 total.

Badge

Thanks, jgatie.  

How do you know that?  Is that verified by Sonos?  If so, that would make Sonos worthless for me.  Can you please point me to any data on this?

I was wrong, it's 40,000 total.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/imported-playlists-missing-from-the-sonos-music-library

Sonos can index a maximum of 1,000 playlists, with up to 40,000 songs total within all of your imported playlists. If you have exceeded this limit, some of your playlists or songs will not be visible in the Imported Playlists section of your music library

Badge

HI there, I have 25k songs and about 50 playlists but only about 30 playlists ever make it so my indexed Sonos library.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Badge

cc @jgatie above

Badge

*BUMP*

Still no explanation why Sonos cannot import the entirety of my playlists from iTunes.  Is there a Sonos rep here who can please help?  I am far below @jgatie ‘s referenced limits above.  Appreciate any help.

Badge

The best answer above is not correct, fyi. 

If you’re looking to get a response from Sonos, your best bet is to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

There are only a very few moderators from Sonos who frequent these forums.