Answered

Impossible to connect to Deezer

• 13 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello,

When i try to configure Deezer, i sucess to connect to my Deezer account but when i select the user i have the following error message :

You must specify a valid redirect_uri

Can you help me ?

Thank you in advance

Sébastien

--------------

Bonjour, 

Quand j'essaie de configurer Deezer, je réussi à me connecter à mon compte Deezer mais quand je sélectionne l'utilisateur j'ai le message suivant:

You must specify a valid redirect_uri

Pouvez vous m'aider ?

Merci par avance

Sébastien 

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 17 November 2022, 16:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @lecs, welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out!

We are aware and investigating the issue. There’s a workaround to complete the authorization, as shown below:

• Close the page displaying the error message "You must specify a valid redirect_url".
  • Re-open the Sonos app
  • Click/Select "Authorize" and follow the instructions being displayed
  • Notice the Deezer account being successfully authorized

Unfortunately we have no ETA to share for the fix.

I hope that helped.

Sotiris C

----------Translated using Google Translate:

Bonjour @lecs, bienvenue dans la communauté Sonos et merci de nous avoir contactés !

Nous sommes conscients et enquêtons sur le problème. Il existe une solution de contournement pour terminer l'autorisation, comme indiqué ci-dessous :

• Fermez la page affichant le message d'erreur "Vous devez spécifier une redirect_url valide".
  • Rouvrez l'application Sonos
  • Cliquez/Sélectionnez "Autoriser" et suivez les instructions affichées
  • Notez que le compte Deezer est autorisé avec succès

Malheureusement, nous n'avons actuellement aucune ETA à partager pour le correctif.

J'espère que cela a aidé.

Sotiris C

Bonsoir, 

I haven’t the possibility to reconnect once app closed and reopen. Can you please help ? I can’t listening to my Deezer music ..,

thanks 

Bonsoir, 

I haven’t the possibility to reconnect once app closed and reopen. Can you please help ? I can’t listening to my Deezer music ..,

thanks 

Perhaps do not close the App, just close the page with the redirect message and switch back to the App (move from background to foreground) and see if that then allows the authorisation to continue. Hope you can resolve the issue.🤞

It doesn’t work. This is not a issue only with le. It seems a larger issue… This issue is since Sonos update … How did you solve this for user ? You said this is a known issue.

thanks fir your support here please ! 

Hi 

just want to add that before the app update, all was fine for more than 3 years. What is the correction ? 
Thanks 

It’s hard to tell without hard data to look at, but the issue could possibly be (and frankly, is most likely to be) an issue in your local network. Some routers get “confused” and hand out duplicate IP addresses during the Sonos update process, in which all Sonos devices ask the router for new IPs.

Try unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router 3 or 5 minutes to fully “recover”, and then plug your Sonos devices back in. This should ensure that they get new IP addresses from the refreshed router’s DHCP table.

Alternately, you could probably submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. 

Hi Bruce 

thanks you so much for your advice. I will check today  !

Sandrine 

Hello @lecs, welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out!

We are aware and investigating the issue. There’s a workaround to complete the authorization, as shown below:

• Close the page displaying the error message "You must specify a valid redirect_url".
  • Re-open the Sonos app
  • Click/Select "Authorize" and follow the instructions being displayed
  • Notice the Deezer account being successfully authorized

Unfortunately we have no ETA to share for the fix.

I hope that helped.

Sotiris C

----------Translated using Google Translate:

Bonjour @lecs, bienvenue dans la communauté Sonos et merci de nous avoir contactés !

Nous sommes conscients et enquêtons sur le problème. Il existe une solution de contournement pour terminer l'autorisation, comme indiqué ci-dessous :

• Fermez la page affichant le message d'erreur "Vous devez spécifier une redirect_url valide".
  • Rouvrez l'application Sonos
  • Cliquez/Sélectionnez "Autoriser" et suivez les instructions affichées
  • Notez que le compte Deezer est autorisé avec succès

Malheureusement, nous n'avons actuellement aucune ETA à partager pour le correctif.

J'espère que cela a aidé.

Sotiris C

Hello Sotiris,

Thank very much you for your answer, it works now after your instructions even if i did not rename the name of the Deezer account (by default : deezer_2).

I am very satisfied of the sonos community 😉👌

Take Care, Lecs

Hi 

It does not work for me. Just on weekend,

Party without music is just a shame, thanks Sonos.

What has changed ? I t was perfect some days before !