Answered

How to Add Shared Music Folder on Sonso 1 Controller (iPhone 12 Pro)?

• 6 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Let me start by saying I’m old and not especially tech savvy, although I am able to get things done.  I purchased a new iMac and migrated all data. A few Playlists and some corresponding songs are missing in my Sonos library.  The Music Media folder location on Mac is:  /Macintosh HD/Users/name/Music/Music/Media. On Sonos it’s:  //IMAC/Music. I tried to use the Mac location in ADD SHARED MUSIC FOLDER, but couldn’t go on to NEXT - greyed out - only CANCEL as an option.  I’m afraid (read: old) to delete the //IMAC/Music location for fear I will still not be able to ADD new location.  Interestingly, I am able to use Sonos , even without matching folder locations. Any help and info would be great!  Just try not to use computer jargony terms.  Thanks so much!

Sue

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 August 2022, 21:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

These are the usual steps to take for the setup of the music folder on a macOS device:

1. Open the Sonos app for macOS.
  2. From the Manage menu, select Music Library Settings.
  3. Click + (plus) on macOS.
  4. If you use iTunes or are not sure where your music is stored, select My Music folder. If your music is not located in the My Music folder, select the appropriate option.
  5. Type in your computer’s password if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete adding your music library. Depending on the size of your music library, it may take several minutes to index.

Hope that assists.

Badge

Thank you so much Ken for the response.  I did see these steps when first trying to troubleshoot this issue. First, there was no “+” to click on, and second, I know where My Music Folder is stored, as stated above.. How do I add a SHARED MUSIC FOLDER, when unable to move to the “NEXT” step, and/or will I be able to change the existing Sonos MY MUSIC FOLDER if I delete the current. Maybe I didn’t explain it well initial question (along with the typo in the title! sheesh) Thank you.

I’m not a MAC user myself, but I did find this YT video. Not sure if that might assist you further…

https://youtu.be/KvrlNaG3NHo

As far as I understand it, you can add more than one music library path to Sonos, so you shouldn’t need to remove the existing library.

Badge

Thank you Ken. After some starts and stops, that did the trick! I now have all my music. I really appreciate you taking the time for me.