Answered

how do I stop the queue from loading when I open the app

Badge

After a recent upgrade, when I open the Sonos app on my Android (Moto Edge) phone, the queue pops up. I don’t use the queue so it’s just an annoying barrier to entering the app to play my music. I can’t see any way to stop that from happening. Has anyone else solved this..? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 August 2023, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hughjarvis 

Thanks for your post!

We are aware of an issue whereby if the App is exited with the Now Playing screen expanded to fill the screen, then when you return to the app, it forces you into the Queue screen. We are working on fixing this issue which only occurs on Android devices, but do not have an estimation as to when there will be a fix made available.

If you have a Sonos widget on your phone’s homescreen, then the app will always open to the Queue screen.

Until a fix is actioned in an upcoming update, please try the following:

• don’t keep the Now Playing screen expanded to fill the screen
  • remove any Sonos widgets from your homescreen for now
  • use an iOS device instead, if available

I hope this helps.

Badge

There is no way to control the size of the Queue on my Android phone. There is no sizing permitted, or a way to minimize/maximize the dialog box.

I look forward to an actual fix…

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hughjarvis 

I didn’t say you could resize the Queue screen - I was talking about the Now Playing screen, which can either take up your entire screen, or just be a card at the bottom of the app.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Still no idea what you are referring to.

It’s an app. There’s no way to resize ANY of the screens (panels, cards, whatever) -- they always fill the entire view on your phone…. The app provides several of these screens, called My Sonos, Browse, System, Search and Settings. None are called “Queue” or “No Playing. None of them can be resized. 

The widget itself can be resized on the desktop. It starts as 3x2 but I enlarged mine to 4 wide and 2 high. (i.e. it is not ‘full screen’ either).  

Anyhow, I still look forward to a bug fix...

Sonos Now Playing screen:

Browse screen with Now Playing screen card circled in red at bottom:

Badge

Thanks, I have never adjusted that part of the Browse screen and wasn’t even aware it could be adjusted (obviously). :-)   

So that doesn’t explain the bug occurring on my phone….   

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hughjarvis 

So that doesn’t explain the bug occurring on my phone….   

It explains the circumstances under which the bug will express itself. If you avoid these circumstances, you’ll avoid the bug.

We will of course address this issue fully in an upcoming software update, but I don’t have an estimation as to when that will be.

I hope this helps.

Badge

→ If you avoid these circumstances, you’ll avoid the bug.

I have never changed or maximized that screen, so NO, it does not explain why I am experiencing the bug. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hughjarvis 

Do you have a Sonos widget on your phone’s homescreen? As mentioned above, if you have a Sonos widget on your phone’s homescreen, then the app will always open to the Queue screen. Therefore, the workaround would be to temporarily remove the widget.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hughjarvis 

Just to let you know, we now consider this issue resolved with the latest update.

If, after updating, you continue to see this behaviour, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.