How can I opt out of spam like the “Dance All Night” ad on the app?

• 30 December 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Opened the app this morning to a spam message about Sonos Radio.

It’s not the first spam that the app has served up. How can this be turned off? It’s infuriating.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Log on to your account at www.sonos.com, and turn off advertising. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for the response - just had a look for the option to turn off “advertising” but can’t seem to find it - any idea where it is?

Thanks again. 

You will want to go to Settings —> App Preferences —> Allow Pop-up Messages.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks - is this on the app as opposed to www.sonos.com? I’ve already got that setting disabled on the app, but still received the pop up on two different devices this morning (iOS and Android).

Www.sonos.com

click on the ‘person’ at the top right of the website, and log in to your account.

click on profile

unclick the two buttons under ‘contact preferences’ 

That ‘should’ stop all the popups in the controller…but sometimes one does slip through, which I find annoying as well, but considering the software is free…I’d feel more of a vested concern if I was paying a monthly fee for the software. I do want Sonos to continue to exist as a company, and create new functions for my speakers. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ah these buttons:

Both currently unchecked for me, as in the picture above. 
This must be a case of an advert “slipping through” - you’re a bit more understanding about it than I am. I also would like Sonos to continue as a company, but they’ve already had lots of money from me, and it really pushes a button for me when companies sacrifice the quality of user experience to try and make money, and it would appear that’s exactly what’s happening here unfortunately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Bad news I get the popup and I have disabled the setting shown 

also I had to close the application and restart it to get rid of it and be able to use the app 

Interesting. I’ve not seen this pop up in my iOS controller(s), I wonder if it is geo based, or some other targeted kind of thing. I am old, after all….

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Erm I am 66 mate….

In my opinion too many marketers have read the same book or took the same course that encourages sellers to ‘touch’ potential customers as much as possible. SONOS ‘touches’ several times a week if I allow it. Whenever possible I avoid doing business with ‘touchy’ companies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Problem is that I have turned off this setting and still get ads, and tbh if they advertise it makes me not want to buy it 

more advertising more I am turned off 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

More instances of this ad appearing are talked about on Reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/18vi59b/annoying/

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’ve had it too. All ads should be off.