Skip to main content
Answered

Getting message to reauthorise my apple music account but can't see how to do this?

• 28 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Can anyone tell me where or how to reauthorise my apple music app? My desk top app saysit needs to be reauthorised, and then says this needs to be done on my phone. I can’t see howor find instructions on SOnos Support. I am beginning to wonder if it is a casualty of the infamous May downgrade to the iOS app, or simply me not having a clue(or a complex and diffiicult interface for users who expect simplicity). I am quite certain that i used to be able to do this from the desk top app.

Any guidance appreciated.

EnEm

Hi @EnEm,

I’m surprised we don’t have a support article with steps for reauthorizing services, at least not one that I can find. The steps to re-authorize would be to:

1. Open the Sonos mobile app.
  2. Tap on the profile icon and go into ‘Content Services’.
  3. Tap on Apple Music then tap on your account name under ‘Connected Accounts’
  4. Reauthorize Account.

You should also be able to do this in the desktop app with the following steps:

1. Click Manage up at the top of the app.
  2. Click Service Settings then select Apple Music.
  3. Reauthorize Account.

If reauthorizing doesn’t work, you could always remove and re-add the service by following the same steps above. You wont lose any playlists or favourites, they’ll just be greyed out until you add the service back.

I hope this information helps!

yeah, none of this works. Tried it on the app, tried it on the PC. Now waiting for 35 minutes to talk to a customer service rep. Way to go on the “NEW APP ROLLOUT” - genius!!🙄