Error 1002 Apple Music

• 13 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’ve searched and found multiple topics about this but they’re older and can’t be responded to. 

Sonos has chimed in and said they’re working on a fix over 3 years ago but here we are in December of 2020 and it’s still not working properly. 

Is this ever going to be fixed? Any solutions or work arounds that I may have missed that don’t include creating smaller playlists?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @KrylonBlue, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about what happened, Is Error 1002 showing up when browsing songs on your Apple Music or also when doing an update? Kindly check this article about Error 1002 for further assistance. Or if you can tell me more when it started happening on your end. and what troubleshooting steps have been done in fixing the issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Sorry, can’t type once posting this. 

This has been going on for since the new application downloaded. Both on an iPhone X/12 Pro and also a Note 20 Ultra. This happens 100% of the time I want to play a larger playlist with Apple Music. No issues with Spotify but I chose Apple Music over that. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @KrylonBlue, thanks for the update and the information that you gave. So that we can further check the status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thank you :)

Confirmation #204258205

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @KrylonBlue, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking the report, It doesn't show any issue on your Sonos system that’s why we’ll take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request remote access with your device controller where you have the Sonos App and do additional troubleshooting steps and options about this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.