Answered

Difficulty finding specific radio stations

Hi all,

may be having a brain fart but I can’t seem to find specific radio stations on the app, namely Radio Chemical and the Thom York station.

I’ve used the search button and it’s given me nothing. A search through the station lists has also given me nothing.

any results I do get tend to come from my Apple music.

at a bit of a loss so any help greatly appreciated.

steve

icon

Best answer by controlav 23 January 2023, 00:13

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Works for me, when I spell the name correctly:

Mate, appreciate the reply. As a Jock I feel that I can spell fairly well. 

So you’ve found it, what am I doing wrong? Do I not have something selected? Or am I looking in entirely the wrong place?

much appreciated so far…

steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

So you’ve found it, what am I doing wrong? Do I not have something selected? Or am I looking in entirely the wrong place?

much appreciated so far…

Well lets start with what device you are using and what exactly are you trying?

I’m using the S2 app on an iphone12. 

im using the standard search bar and inputting the names of the station I saw on the recent Sonos email.

I’ve tried searching through the Sonos radio tab but to no avail.

steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Here’s what i am doing on my iPhone:

Tap the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen

Type in “thom yorke”

Scroll the header then tap on “Stations”

If you have a button saying “search all”, tap that (else the search will be limited to the first service)

Scroll if necessary to Sonos Radio section.

Profit.

I don’t have a button to search all and Sonos Radio isn’t on the search bar. In my services tab Sonos radio is there along with other services I have added. 

Seems to me that my search always defaults to iTunes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Can you try on another device? If that works, then the lack of Sonos Radio as a search option would imply a corrupt service manifest. You could try a “reset app” which I assume clears the local cache on the phone. If the other device fails in the same way then I can only suggest contacting Sonos support to figure out why your system is broken.

Thanks for that. Will check it out on another device when I get back from work. 

Appreciate the assistance 👍

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Even when I spell Thom York (no e) I get the same result as @controlav