Skip to main content
Question

delay in responsiveness new app

• 3 June 2024
  • 3 replies

On the iOS app new one released maybe may 2024, I get a delay when I change the volume. I might increase or decrease it, and nothing happens to the slider bar for maybe one second, then it responds. The old app was instantaneous in responsiveness. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have the same issue. Surprised no one else has responded to this thread. 

I have mayor delays with everything from changing streming playlist to change in volume.  I noticed the change immediately with the most recent app controller change.  Not the last update but the last mayor change

Not sure who you’re expecting to answer in this community forum, but since Sonos Support doesn’t use this forum, I’ll take a stab. 

Delays in commands being received by your speakers is often an indication of a communication concern between your controller app, and the speakers. Often, this can be a problem with wifi interference , or a duplicate IP address issue. The latter can often be resolved, at least temporarily, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting the router. Wait a couple of minutes before plugging back in the Sonos devices. This has the benefit of reloading/resetting the DHCP table and firmware on your router, as well as a reset of the firmware and new IP addresses on the Sonos. 

However, if the information in the FAQ I linked, or the network refresh doesn’t help, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the Support staff, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.