Skip to main content
Question

Defective Product Update

• 1 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

I am disappointed by the significant loss of functionality with the latest update to Sonos. The current software interface you now provide lacks useful features that influenced my decision to purchase and recommend your product in the past. Is there a way to return my product and receive a refund of my money?

I have invested time in configuring Sonos to meet my needs, and the update takes away many of the useful functionality you offered in the past.   The new app is slower and more buggy than the prior version. If you are going to make these changes, please create a classic version of the software so users can keep using what was working in the past.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi, 

I am disappointed by the significant loss of functionality with the latest update to Sonos. The current software interface you now provide lacks useful features that influenced my decision to purchase and recommend your product in the past. Is there a way to return my product and receive a refund of my money?

I have invested time in configuring Sonos to meet my needs, and the update takes away many of the useful functionality you offered in the past.   The new app is slower and more buggy than the prior version. If you are going to make these changes, please create a classic version of the software so users can keep using what was working in the past.

If they’re within the return period - see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/topic/orders-and-returns

Otherwise you can contact Sonos Support here with your proof of purchase etc.

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I don't have that many issues since I'm new and for me there were no "good old times". 

App is quite laggy. And that's so far has been about the only unsolvable thing for me. Had a bit of issues setting up system but nothing too bad. 

What I'd like is

1. Sonos Spotify being more... Complete? As of now I dont have my "like" playlist but I have all others. I'd like more things but like this I can like song on actuall Spotify and listen on Sonos Spotify. 

2. Less lag. Very often it takes couple seconds for system to show up or volume jumps around a bit before settling to where I want. Or takes a while for Spotify to actually start playing. (After jumping around playlist 2-3 times). And don't even get me started on iPad casting lag. 

3. Fix trueplay. Now I do have iPad which is "not supported", however new app truplay option appeared. It just doesn't work. 

4. Finally figured out to set my ps5 output to Dolby Atmos and now everything I stream shows as Atmos. I'd somehow like to know what quality am I actually streaming! 

In fact I have arc incoming. If that will give me issues, on updated Sonos android or iPad app, or on old android app,  I can allways return it. Worst case, I'll have to spend some hours chatting to prove to PayPal that "product is not fit for purpose" and I shouldn't pay return postage. Best case, ill get better sound and my beam 2 will head to eBay. 

However why don't you find old app version and disable auto updates? On android is super simple, on iPads I'm not sure.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The latest release is irresponsibly bug laden.  I have to reset all seven points every day or so.  Sometimes it thinks it is playing something but no sound.  The volume adjustment latency renders it almost unusable at times.  Sometimes the same station will give me errors or work, based on how I get to it. 

The UI is also really not improved, IMHO... Although I will give that a chance once it operates properly.

Very disappointed, and hope it is corrected soon. 

How's could the release this with such incomplete testing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I don't have that many issues since I'm new and for me there were no "good old times". 

App is quite laggy. And that's so far has been about the only unsolvable thing for me. Had a bit of issues setting up system but nothing too bad. 

What I'd like is

1. Sonos Spotify being more... Complete? As of now I dont have my "like" playlist but I have all others. I'd like more things but like this I can like song on actuall Spotify and listen on Sonos Spotify. 

2. Less lag. Very often it takes couple seconds for system to show up or volume jumps around a bit before settling to where I want. Or takes a while for Spotify to actually start playing. (After jumping around playlist 2-3 times). And don't even get me started on iPad casting lag. 

3. Fix trueplay. Now I do have iPad which is "not supported", however new app truplay option appeared. It just doesn't work. 

4. Finally figured out to set my ps5 output to Dolby Atmos and now everything I stream shows as Atmos. I'd somehow like to know what quality am I actually streaming! 

In fact I have arc incoming. If that will give me issues, on updated Sonos android or iPad app, or on old android app,  I can allways return it. Worst case, I'll have to spend some hours chatting to prove to PayPal that "product is not fit for purpose" and I shouldn't pay return postage. Best case, ill get better sound and my beam 2 will head to eBay. 

However why don't you find old app version and disable auto updates? On android is super simple, on iPads I'm not sure.

Any Sonos soundbar, including your forthcoming Arc, will show on the now playing screen for that room what audio is currently playing (e.g. Dolby Atmos, PCM 2.0, etc).

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

What I'd like is

Any Sonos soundbar, including your forthcoming Arc, will show on the now playing screen for that room what audio is currently playing (e.g. Dolby Atmos, PCM 2.0, etc).

Can i have more on this?

1. Im streaming just from my ps5 and sonos spotify. When i was happy, i didnt much care, when after moving i started digging how to improve sound i realised from my ps5 all im getting is pcm 2.0. Tried watching same movie directly from tv app? Dolby atmos! Found out ps5 i can set output to dolby atmos. Now whatever im playing output is shown as dolby atmos. Like..... crunchy roll older anime? Youtube reviewer? Dolby atmos?? Really?

2. When casting from ipad or playing sonos spotify i havent figured out how to see what quality im getting...

I also have a significant lag time when playing through Spotify. It’s become almost not functional. Sometimes my music will just stop spontaneously too. i hope they fix the issues soon, otherwise I choose Spotify over Sonos.