Answered

Deezer problem - unable to browse music in app (new)

• 28 November 2022
  • 22 replies

Badge

Hi there,

From a couple od weeks I’m experciencing problems with browsing Deezer on Sonos S2 app (PC and smartfone). The issue is: when I enter the Deezer tab in Sonos app, there is a loadsing sign for a brief moment and then the text “unable to browse music” aprears. 

I’ve already tried turning off and on the whole system, updating the Sonos app and Deezer app, but there is no effect. 

The strange thing is, that sometimes it works, so I’m little bit confused and guess this sugests that the issue is with Deezer, but maybe Sonos have some solution for this?

Last time (2-3 days ago) it worked just fine, and then, when I’ve reconfigured speakers (Beam and 2x Play:1) and reactivated Deezer account the problem came back… 

Any ideas how to solve this, the issue is iritating?

PS - voice control works fine with Deezer.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 January 2023, 12:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fOXbain 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Do you have this or similar issues when playing/browsing other music services, like radio? This can be a good test to see if the issue is local or not.

Assuming the issue is not local and other services play without issue, I recommend removing Deezer from your Sonos system and adding it back on again. This can refresh the security tokens that are exchanged between your speakers and online accounts. If this does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

If, however, other services are affected too, then there are a few possible causes. WiFi interference could be a factor, or perhaps your router could just do with a reboot. Please ensure your router and your Sonos devices are at least 1m away from any other WiFi devices, including other Sonos devices. Reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds. If this doesn’t help, please get in touch with our support team linked to above.

On re-reading your post, I noticed your PS again. Does voice control always work without issue? If so, the issue might be the communication channel between your speakers and your phone. A router reboot may resolve it, or you might have an unsupported WiFi booster/extender causing issues - try turning it off if you have one.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hi @Corry P 

Thank You for your answer. 

As for the other services, they work totally fine, including radio. Also reseting the tokens (removing Deezer) is something I’ve already done, without success unfortunetally. 

As for the distance between Wi-fi devices, I do have some of them in close promixity (less than 1m) form Sonos, but this was never an issue. I dont think its cousing the problem.

On the other hand, the last clue seems very accurate, since I’m using an extender for some time now. That might be a reason - I will look at it and let you know if I find somthing.

Voice control works flawlesslly.

If the problem still exists, I will try to contact technical support as you recommended.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fOXbain 

Ah! Then I am glad I thought of it! My money is on the extender.

One thing you can try is just turning the extender off and on again - that will make all WiFi devices connect via the router’s WiFi, if they can reach it. You may have a problem again if the phone connects to the extender, or if Sonos reboots while the extender is on and nearby. One thing to avoid is rebooting the router without rebooting the extender afterwards, as that would ensure Sonos is connected to the extender.

To extend the range of WiFi, we recommend replacing your router with a mesh WiFi. or adding to it with a mesh WiFi configured in Bridge mode.

And you are very welcome!

Badge

Unfortunetally the extender was not cousing the problem. Tested whole system during weekend - without extender and after restarting network, DEEZER and even Sonos… the problem is still the same.

I’m starting to run out any ideas… 

I will try to reset everything again this week, but I’m loosing hope now…

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fOXbain 

I thought we were on to something there!

I think at this point it’s best for you to get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Please do not reset your Sonos system or devices (unless you meant reboot?) - it’s unlikely to help and can be a lot of work. It also clears the logs we use to troubleshoot.

Well, I have rhe same problem. I am registered to  Deezer via iTunes.

I have two Sonos systems using the same Deezer account. But I cannot test the other system, it is in a house far away....

If no solution is found, I will cancel Deezer and register to Tidal. Unfortunately.

Badge

The problem is still here unfortunetally … Im trying to solve this with Deezer also. 

Will keep you in the loop :-) 

Badge

I’v got in touch with DEEZER support.

Made eveything accoridng to their advice, so:

• Log out of Deezer on all devices it might be logged in
  • Get a new password for the Deezer account 
  • Delete Deezer from the SONOS app
  • Turn off your sound system device for 1-2 minutes
  • Turn it back on
  • Add Deezer to the SONOS app
  • Login with your new Deezer password

Even made it twice, also with reinstaling SONOS app and it did not worked

Good it worked all fine on New Year’s eve… but now still “Unable to browse music” in DEEZER on SONOS app... 

Getting frustated, my wife even more, so she’s planning to switch to SPOTIFY… but i dont want to :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fOXbain 

When you mentioned earlier that Voice Control played Deezer without issue, which Voice Control service were you referring to?

Also, at a time when you can browse, please link a track or playlist to My Sonos from the Deezer container, and the next time you are unable to browse, please test if you can then play the linked-to item. Thanks.

Badge

Hi Corry,

About voice control I was reffering to SONOS voice control with fabolous Esposito’s voice :-) works flowlessly.  

As for the second advice, already done that. During New Years eve I’ve moved all my playlists from DEEZER account to MY Sonos area. Now, when i cannot browse DEEZER music (in SONOS app) I still can play the playlists, since they are on MY Sonos. 

But curious part is that when i add something to a playlist in DEEZER app, its not updated in SONOS app… but this I have to double check to be sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fOXbain 

I was hoping you’d say that, as it narrows things down considerably! The interaction between Deezer and a speaker running Sonos Voice Control is somewhat simpler than when Alexa or Google Assistant is in use.

This means that it is not a connection problem, and it is not an account/security-token issue either.

The only answer left (that I can think of) is that something is happening on Deezer’s side of things.

The next time you are unable to browse Deezer, please submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the number given. Thank you.

Badge

Hi again,

The browsing is available only from time to time, so I've managed to sent diagnostics today at # 637627215

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fOXbain 

Thanks for that - I’ve already passed it along for an engineer to check.

Hello everyone!
I have the same issue with Deezer...
I've just bought my first Sonos. Beam Gen 2. 
Everything works great except from Deezer. But Deezer my favorite music service.

So I'm very upset. 

The above advices did not help to solve the problem unfortunately. 

Looking forward to solving the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @IHoRnetI 

After recreating the issue, please submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the number given. Thanks

If the spam filter removes your post (it sometimes thinks diagnostic numbers are phone numbers), don’t worry - I’ll see and restore it.

Hi @Corry P ! 

Thank you for your quick response. 

It's magic. I got home last night and Deezer worked.

I don’t know the reason but it’s really good. 

But I have a question: 

For instance, I can use Spotify app to control the music instead of using Spotify playlists in Sonos app.

The same in Deezer, when I use the google audio chromecast there is an menu Audio output in Deezer app. So I can control music from Deezer app. 

But if I want to listen to music from Deezer, I only have to use the Sonos app.

So, is it correct or something wrong with my settings? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @IHoRnetI 

I’m not sure I completely understand you, but whatever is going on, I don’t think it has anything to do with any settings that are available to you.

Sonos does not support Chromecast.

Badge

Guys,

Before weekend strange thing happened. DEEZER was working fine (on SONOS) for about 4 days, which was a HUGE period of time lately. I was almost sure that either SONOS or DEEZER found and solved the issue. However my disappointment was big when on Friday I found out that the issue is still there… More of it, today I’ve got the reply from DEEZER that they dont see anything that may couse the issue and that the problem lies with SONOS… 

I’m loosing hope here :-( 

@Corry P  any news from my diagnostics ? 

@fOXbain

I just checked my own setup and Deezer is working fine here and has been working fine over the weekend too.. it almost sounds like something local and intermittent is happening in your case. Are you absolutely sure it’s not the extender you’re using?

Badge

@Ken_Griffiths 

I’ve already checked the extender by turning it off for a couple of days… didnt help. I’ve also suspected that this might be it…

I will try to play with this again for some time, by reseting the settings on the router, disconecting SONOS etc… 

@Ken_Griffiths

I’ve already checked the extender by turning it off for a couple of days… didnt help. I’ve also suspected that this might be it…

I will try to play with this again for some time, by reseting the settings on the router, disconecting SONOS etc… 

Just odd that it’s an intermittent issue for you. Have you tried using a different DNS server in your router configuration? Maybe try either the Google, or Cloudflare, public servers and see if that might make a difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fOXbain 

There has been no recent uptick in Deezer browse errors - whatever is happening, it seems likely that it is locally induced. Your diagnostics simply showed a failed connection attempt.

One thing you can try doing is changing the DNS servers in the DHCP configuration page of your router (often just called Network or LAN). Try using Google’s 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, and reboot the router after changing the setting (and I just now noticed Ken recommending the same thing in the previous post).

Failing that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who can test our Deezer account on your system to compare, and assist you through a hotspot setup to see if it is related to your internet connection.

I hope this helps.