Answered

"connection to Plex was lost"

• 29 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Sonos error message “unable to play “song” connection to plex was lost”. Plex on Sonos can move between music folders and tracks, but once a track is selected same error message occurs.

This started happening mid February 2024. In the past this has happened every time there is a new release of Plex media server. To fix the problem I would log into Plex media server on my Synology NAS DSM18+ running V6.0 to find a message that an update to Plex was available. Same message now, and new version of Plex media was server released Feb 13, 2024. New 64 bit version for Synology 6.0 installed ( stop Plexmedia server from running, download and install correck .spk file, re-start Plex media server). But problem persists.

Sonos on iphone can play Amazon music and other apps- TuneIn fine. Plex by itself on iphone can play music from Nas fine.

Sonos support contacted twice- Sonos re-booted, router/modem re- booted- no change. Speed of Internet checked and over 350 mbps/sec. Sonos deleted and re-installed- no change. Plex deleted and re-installed and Plex re-authorized- no change.

Setting for Plex on NAS has not changed as far as remote access, which port etc.

No further help from Sonos support, although technician had no experience with this problem, nor resources, despite other similar problems on this forum. The trial of setting available upload speed to zero- not help.

Ideas anyone?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 March 2024, 11:26

View original

1 reply

If not enabled already, perhaps see if enabling UPnP on your router, aswell as manually forwarding TCP Port 32400 will resolve the matter for you. I’m using a different NAS, but latest version of Plex is working okay here on Sonos, so I suspect the answer lies either with the NAS, or your local router.