Answered

Connected Spotify service shows up with language settings as German in Sonos??

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I have my Sonos App language set as English / UK, my Spotify App is set to English / UK, my Samsung mobile is English / UK.

When i access Spotify App native, it is correct and text / titles are in English.

When I access the Spotify service from my Sonos App (embedded), it shows up with German or French headings.  If i then click the ‘pop-out’ icon to jump out the Sonos App to Spotify (native), the language headings are all English as I’d expect.  But close it down and drop back to the Sonos App view of Spotify and its German / French!?

I have checked every language option on Sonos App, Spotify and Android and even confirmed on a web browser log-in and its all flagged correctly for me, as English - open Sonos App and its incorrect.

Can anyone help here, user error or issue on the Sonos side?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Corry P 31 July 2023, 10:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Hi @mmurrin,
Have you checked the online Sonos profile at the below link and the country settings in the address section?

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/myaccount/user/profile

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Spotify service in the Sonos App?

If so, then perhaps consider a Sonos App Reset from "Settings/App Preferences” in the App and re-check your settings. On reopening the App, accept the T&C’s etc. and select to connect back to the ‘existing’ Sonos system on the connected network. Lookout for any country settings during setup.

Userlevel 1

Hi 

This exact problem has happened to me too over tha last couple of days.

this is not an isolated incident

thanks

Hi 

thanks

Ah yes, I’m seeing it in the Spotify Service in the Sonos App too - I’m just using the free version of Spotify.

Userlevel 1

I’m using the paid Spotify but your image is very similar to my screen when using Spotify through sonos

Userlevel 1

Hi @mmurrin,
Have you checked the online Sonos profile at the below link and the country settings in the address section?

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/myaccount/user/profile

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Spotify service in the Sonos App?

If so, then perhaps consider a Sonos App Reset from "Settings/App Preferences” in the App and re-check your settings. On reopening the App, accept the T&C’s etc. and select to connect back to the ‘existing’ Sonos system on the connected network. Lookout for any country settings during setup.

Thanks Ken - yes i have been through those steps, uninstalled Spotify and Sonos, reinstalled, reconnected and added the service back in, but it just persists.  It looks like it may be a Sonos problem with others recently reporting the same. hhmmm.

Thanks though :-)

Userlevel 1

Hi 

thanks

Ah yes, I’m seeing it in the Spotify Service in the Sonos App too - I’m just using the free version of Spotify.

Yes, that is exactly what I have - appeared I think in just the last 24hrs.

Thanks Ken - yes i have been through those steps, uninstalled Spotify and Sonos, reinstalled, reconnected and added the service back in, but it just persists.  It looks like it may be a Sonos problem with others recently reporting the same. hhmmm.

Thanks though :-)

I believe the music services in the Sonos App are usually down to each individual service, so it might possibly be a Spotify issue in this case - that said, it’s not causing a major issue for me here, so I guess the matter will be fixed at some point, but I will just go onto report the matter to Spotify anyway.

Anyhow, this matter has been reported to Spotify customer services (Prabhu R.) - who stated they will pass the information along to try to get the issue sorted. So it seems it’s just a case of waiting for the reported issue to be fixed.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Spotify’s SMAPI service is broken, my app also shows random items in foreign languages (Spanish I think) for all three of my Spotify accounts (in the USA).

Mostly English but not entirely

I know for a fact that my app is asking for “en-US” strings from the music services.

Userlevel 1

Thanks all for the input and help - all understood, lets see how that pans out, meanwhile back to tunes!

Thought it was just me having the issue. Hopefully

it will be resolved soon.

I have the same … French and German!  Also if you look up anything it doesn’t know any of the names.  I tried looking for ‘Rita’ under ‘artists’.  ‘No results, try a different category’!

I’m also experiencing this issue today, my language settings are all set to English uk. However when accessing my Spotify playlists via the Sonos app they appear in German. This issue does not exist on the Spotify app itself, all of my playlists appear as they should in English. Hopefully it’s just an update issue to be resolved soon. 

Same, Spotify within the Sonos app is in Spanish for me. Super weird.

Badge

Same problem here. Everything on my devices, Sonos and Spotify accounts, is set to use Italian but headings in the Sonos app are displayed in multiple languages. 

I’ve just logged a call with Sonos support. They are going to investigate.

Userlevel 1

Hi

the problem seems to have been resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mmurrin et al

As @Wheaty mentioned, we believe this issue is now resolved.

If you still see headings in the wrong language(s), please try rebooting your phone/tablet. Please let me know here if you continue to see the incorrect language after doing so.

Yep, it’s fixed. Thankyou.🙏

I’ve tried the reboot my phone as I have the same issue. I still get the same issue. Also happens in BMW Connected Drive as well

I’ve tried the reboot my phone as I have the same issue. I still get the same issue. Also happens in BMW Connected Drive as well

Have you installed the App update?

Yes - but happens across a Mac, iPhone, car apps, Sonos. But on the web player it’s fine. Everything is updated to the latest versions

Yes - but happens across a Mac, iPhone, car apps, Sonos. But on the web player it’s fine. Everything is updated to the latest versions

It’s all fixed here for me (and others, by all accounts🤔?) so you are probably best to speak to Spotify customer support, or you can submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App and note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the matter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m still getting Spanish for some Spotify items on S2:

and on S1:

and on my own app: