Skip to main content

Compensation / lawsuit

• 25 June 2024
  • 9 replies

At this point my 20-unit Sonos system is useless except for TV audio - at least the “app” didn’t break that. 
I have many thousands invested in players that are now essentially bricked because of a 100% non-functioning app as per yesterdays update (ios). 
I feel Sonos owes me big time on this. So either they compensate or they buy back their useless players from me at retail price. 

Who feels the same way?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Userlevel 3

Thank you for the pointer, count me in. 
I’ll see how much of that thread I’m able to plow through without yelling at the screen. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

When you clicked “Agree” to their Terms and Conditions (you know, the 50 pages of legalese that you skipped over during the registration process) you gave Sonos the right to do pretty much whatever they want. In this case, the right to make changes and to add or remove features without notification or consent. By clicking “Agree” you also implicitly agreed to their Privacy Policy. For those of you living in the U.S., the majority of Sonos customers, you have also allowed Sonos to sell your information to anyone who wants it. Corporate malfeasance? Perhaps, but legal nonetheless.

When you clicked “Agree” to their Terms and Conditions (you know, the 50 pages of legalese that you skipped over during the registration process) you gave Sonos the right to do pretty much whatever they want. In this case, the right to make changes and to add or remove features without notification or consent. By clicking “Agree” you also implicitly agreed to their Privacy Policy. For those of you living in the U.S., the majority of Sonos customers, you have also allowed Sonos to sell your information to anyone who wants it. Corporate malfeasance? Perhaps, but legal nonetheless.

Those clauses are pretty much boilerplate for a software EULA.  Software manufacturers are at the mercy of the OS, and they put those clauses in because they have no control over what a change to an OS will do to current features and functions.  See Apple forcing Sonos to stop using the hard button volume and lock screen controls as an example. 

Hi — can someone tell me how to sign up with class action lawsuit?

Thank  you,

Libby

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There isn’t one. There will never be one.

Hi — can someone tell me how to sign up with class action lawsuit?

Thank  you,

Libby

All the talk of a class action lawsuit is nothing but bluster.   Nobody even consults a lawyer, never mind files a suit.  They hurl idle threats to look like hard cases on the internet.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The only way to punish Sonos, is to stop using their ridiculous, useless product. F*** You, Sonos.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

I don't make a lot of money, but I bought Sonos speakers for all around the house so my family can have music all the time. 

This is really upsetting, since it's all basically garbage now. 

I don't know what to do now, they just don't care and they seem to be getting away with it. 

Where's the bee keeper when you need him?