Answered

Changing location of Music Library

• 13 December 2022
  • 3 replies

My wife’s MacBook name has changed since we added her music folder to our Sonos library. So when we tried to play music it was not found.  So I added her new music folder to the Sonos library and removed the old one, and everything appeared to have updated.  However, when trying to play a track from her library we get the same error - it is looking for the track in the old location.  How do you get Sonos to look for the track in the new updated library?? Thanks

icon

Best answer by John B 14 December 2022, 18:20

View original

3 replies

What you have done should work.  You may like to try reindexing again.  Is the track being chosen for play or is it part of a playlist?

Your comment hints at the MacBook folder being only part of the library - is that the case?

I did try reindexing to no avail.  The track is from an album, but not in a playlist.

I also have the Music folder on my MacBook contributing to the Library, and that link seems to work ok. It clearly states the track can’t be found in the OLD location even though that location has been deleted from the Library.

That's odd. Next thing you might try is to power off the Macs, Sonos devices and router. Power back on the router,, Macs and ONE Sonos device, preferably the newest one you have.

Reindex the Music Library and see if you can now play the required tracks.