Answered

Cannot play purchased amazon music on sonos 2 app

• 17 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Why can’t I play albums I purchased off of amazon.com any more on sonos play: 1 speakers?  This happened two weeks ago.  Now I get an “amazon music station” and maybe one or two tracks.  The rest are tracks from other albums, often similar musical genre.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 17 November 2022, 21:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Amazon changed the features of their Prime Music service, and they control what access you have through the Sonos app. There are a couple other threads about similar issues to what you’re reporting.

Badge +1

I’ve been googling for a week and still haven’t found the thread(s).  Could you share links?

This makes it impossible to hear albums that I purchased, except on my bluetooth speakers.  But I’d have to first download the amazon albums and then put them into my Music Library on PC.

I think this one is related to the Amazon change.  I have seen others with your exact issue but I can’t find them either.

I think you may find that if you cast from the Amazon app to Sonos rather than use the Sonos app you can still play this music.  If you try this, please report back.

Badge +1

>>  if you cast from the Amazon app to Sonos rather than use the Sonos app

I’m not very high tech.  What does “casting from Amazon app to Sonos” mean or involve?

It means playing the audio on the Amazon Music app on your phone or tablet, except the music stream gets diverted to a Sonos speaker rather than plays on your device’s speakers or headphones.

Here are the steps.  However you also need to have the Amazon Alexa app installed on your device, and to have enabled the Sonos skill for Alexa in the Alexa app.

Step 1. Launch Amazon Music on your Android device and, if not already signed in, sign in to it with your Amazon account.

Step 2. Find any music, album, or playlist you want to listen to and play it on your device.

Step 3. From the Play Screen, tap the Casting icon in the upper right corner.  (Looks like a TV screen with radio waves

Step 4. Select a Sonos speaker from the list and start playing Amazon Music through Sonos.

Badge +1

I have Alexa installed on my Pixel 6 Pro but I’ve never been able to really get it to work with Sonos.  Would the sound come out of my Sonos speakers or out of my Echo Dot speakers?

If you set it up properly you can play to any compatible speaker, Sonos or Amazon.  Alexa has to be installed on your Sonos system to be able to play to Sonos speakers  

https://support.sonos.com/en/article/set-up-an-amazon-alexa-device-to-control-sonos