Answered

cannot add add Double J radio to New Tune In

• 2 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 31 replies

I’ve been using TuneIn for years for Double J and Triple J channels (from ABC Australia). When TuneIn announced the new service they suggestion I added the new TuneIn service, whcih I did. But when I browse there is no “My Radio Station” option, in fact the whole TuneIn selection is different … and I cannot even find any means of searching the new TuneIn choices.

Wondering if I am the only person experiencing this?

icon

Best answer by ninja2 6 January 2024, 00:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ninja2,

If you want to add a URL in the Sonos app, then you’ll need to use the older version of TuneIn to do so. You should still be able to add this to your system and it wont effect the overall use of your system.

There is a way to add URLs while using the new version of TuneIn, one of our users have listed this out step-by-step in the following thread, which is the pinned reply:

I hope this helps!

As I noted in another thread (but not tested myself), it appears that ABC Australia has moved to iHeart Radio, rather than TuneIn. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

As I noted in another thread (but not tested myself), it appears that ABC Australia has moved to iHeart Radio, rather than TuneIn. 

Thanks @Airgetlam, that’s all I need to know. Ironically I think ABC Oz was on iHeart some years back and I had to swap to TuneIn at some point when they dropped iHeart. Circle of life :-)

lol…wouldn’t surprise me if there wasn’t some financial aspect that you and I aren’t privy to. But I’m glad you’ve resolved it.