Skip to main content
Question

Can we revert and keep the OLD APP??? New one is terribly unintuitive

• 10 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Frustrated with the new app.  It looks great, but is functionally more confusing.  Can we revert to the old app?  Can we keep the old app instead?  Anyone know?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

The new Sonos app, released in April/May 2024 has made my system unusable. I am unable to easily group speakers. Once I start playing music, I am unable to adjust the volume without pausing and restarting the music. The search function is terrible. The old app wasn’t great, but at least it worked as designed. I cannot believe how badly designed this new app is, and I cannot believe how many errors I encounter. It’s 2024 Sonos!  You need to figure out how to design a decent app, and, out of respect for all of us who have invested in your products, TEST IT BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT. 

Badge

BUT, is it possible to delete the new app and install the old one?

Badge

Yes! It is possible, I have done it and am now using the old version again and it works like a charm:

I reverted 2 months ago but now when I try to use the app it is forcing me to upgrade before I can use it.  I will not update.   hoping they disable the required update

Badge

Thanks Cff. BUT, does this process only work with windows? I have an M2 Mac mini.

Keifer

Badge

Thanks Cff. BUT, does this process only work with windows? I have an M2 Mac mini.

Keifer

Not sure, I’m afraid. I have an iPhone and a windows desktop. In another thread someone said that if you have updated your firmware to 16.3 this doesn’t work. I did the rollback 2 weeks ago, turn off auto-updates and am still ok.